Friday, January 1, 2010

A Brand New Year

So here we are to 2010. A new beginning perhaps.
I have not yet written my resolutions, so I guess I will post them in this blog:

1) Become more patient.

All too often I find myself getting antsy. I get an idea stuck in my head and want it done right then and there. Also, my lack of patience does not allow me to move at another persons speed; it makes me less able to adapt.

2) Obviously, lose weight.

Every year this is a goal, and every year I lose some, but also put it back on. This year I want to make it stick. I need to take care of my body better. So does B. Hopefully we do much better this year. Good luck to us!

3) Finish my bachelors degree.

I have worked on this degree for far too long. I can't believe I have not graduated yet. One more class, and one internship. Really? What have I been waiting for? Well, life happens, things get pushed back, and this year we get back on track.

4) Get accepted into a RN program... hopefully finish (most likely get halfway done).

It is time to put the LPN aside and move on to bigger and better places.

5) Learn to knit.

New talent that would allow me more variety.

6) Get my small business license and start to sell the things that I can make.

This one is perhaps the scariest of all of them. My lack of confidence may not allow this to work.

7) Get more confidence.

All too often I just assume that others don't like me. Why do I do this? Why do I go right to assuming the worst, when it is just as easy to assume the best?

8) Give others more credit.

This kind of ties in with # 7. It is so easy to short change others and not trust that they will do a good job. I have had some issues with co-workers where I short change them. This attitude must stop.

9) Read more books.
Pretty self explanatory.

10) Speak my mind, BUT think before I speak.

These are my resolutions.
Let's hope that I can do them.
Much love and a Happy New Year to you all.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Those are all excellent things to do. I only did half of my (2) resolutions last year so I'm taking a break from them for now. You go with the P 90 x business thought! I hear it's great.

Kandice said...

Happy New Year you guys! Your resolutions are great and I know you'll do awesome at achieving them. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I think ten resolutions is a heap of a lot. Good luck. And people like you, Trish. They love you. Where did you get that insane idea that they don't?

I made two measly resolutions. We'll see how I do.

Marie said...

You're so good to come up with some good resolutions! By the way #7, people already like you. For as long as I've known you people were always drawn to you. You have such a good/funny personality it makes it easy for people to want to be around you!!