Monday, January 11, 2010

A Pair of Hats We Kept :)... and Other News

Things have been going pretty darn good lately. B and I have gone back to work after having some time off. I had to work the last 4 days in a row. And work is super busy these days.
I don't think I clocked out on time once. Just so much to do.

We are both slowly but surely getting used to our new eating habits. The best thing is all of the home cooked/blended meals. We used to eat out a lot, and I thought I would really miss it, but... I don't. I say blended because we have been enjoying our mini blender to make protein shakes. They can be quite tasty. I have made more than B. We really need to get the rest of the ingredients for making the protein bars. Perhaps tonight.

And now, onto hats.

Below is a picture of the hat that B wears most of the time lately. He looks very cute in it!
Below is my very own earflap hat that I keep for myself. I LOVE it.
And here is a skein of yarn that will be another future earflap hat for B. He is going to give me pointers to make this hat even more perfect than the brown hat.
And now.... a side view of B in his beautiful hat and a front view of me.
We are pretty cute hat wearing nuts!
I used the pattern you can find on my side bar (cutest earflap hat pattern) as a starting point. I have altered the pattern just a bit to make it more specific.
Overall, I love making hats. I think it is so fun. I have had a blast so far making them.

B started school again today. I was supposed to start but I found that the class that used to be offered both fall and spring semester is now only offered fall semester. Oh well. I can still get it done and graduate this year.

I don't know that I have much else to say. I really hope that everyone is doing great. We think of our family and friends daily and miss you all.
Much love.

4 comments:

Nickie said...

SOOOOOO CUTE! I totally heart your hats! That is stinking cute with the flower on it, it looks really cute on you too, and so does B's, whew, you guys are too much cute for my compooter!
Loves

Kandice said...

Those hats are so cute! You guys are adorable. And that little puppy on your previous post is so cute!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, they are almost as cute as the faces underneath them. Very cute indeedy.

Sorry about the class but we know you will get it done. You do everything you set out to.

Tell B. we know he will do smashingly well.

Hillary said...

I am in LOVE with those hats. I'm sure you should NOT keep that pink and brown one and just send it to me. The End.

PS You are amazing!