Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Thought I Lost Them For Good!!!

Today started out as any normal working Sunday would. I got up before anyone really should bed getting out of be on a Sunday. It was about 4:30 in the morning. I used the bathroom, and decided not to shower before work, so I promptly went back to bed until 5:05 in the morning. Still too early for anyone to be out of bed on a Sunday.
I went about my morning routine (except the shower... ewww, oh well, I am over it!). As I was putting on the final touches, there was one last step that could not be completed.
Putting on my wedding rings and watch.
This is my last step before going downstairs to the main level to put on my shoes and make some breakfast.
"Oh well" I thought at first, "they must be down on the kitchen table."
I quickly found out that they were not there.
Nor were they in my purse, or my nursing bag, or on the kitchen counter, or sink....
Instead of making breakfast, I was frantically looking in every place I could possibly think to look to find them. Alas, I had to accept defeat and go to work with a naked hand and wrist.
The whole drive in I was completely sick about it. I thought "maybe I left them at work and the nurse coming on shift after me stowed them away in the top med cart drawer." I decided that had to be where they were and began to breathe a sigh of relief. Upon starting my shift I found that this was not the case. I then began to think, "did I leave them here at work and were they stolen?" Which isn't too weird of a thought, especially because one of my residents is a clepto... (she stole 17 poinsettias one year that were on display throughout the building for all to enjoy... but this is a different story altogether). My heart absolutely sank at the idea of someone having stolen my stuff.
I work with some great people and couldn't come up with one co-worker who would have taken anything from me.
I then decided, the items must still be at home in areas I haven't looked at yet, or better yet, had overlooked. I called B at about 6:45 in the morning, early yes, but my worry overruled any logical thoughts. B said he would go through the couch and the captains chair THOROUGHLY! And I knew he would.
Work was super busy, far more busy than the usual Sunday. And this helped to keep my mind off of my missing items.
Around 10:00 AM, I received a text message from B that said the rings and watch were not in the couch OR the captains chair. Again, my heart sank even further than before.
I then decided, "perhaps the afternoon nurse has them with her because I left them here last night and she will bring them back with her today."
As shift change occurred, I quickly asked her if she had seen them or had them with her. No was her reply.
So I drove home and was determined to turn the house upside-down to find them. B helped me look in areas unimaginable for these items to be placed. He continually mentioned that they simply were not in the couch or the captains chair as he had searched them THOROUGHLY earlier.
After about 1 and 1/2 hours of searching, B decided to show me how he had checked the chair, and... VOILA he found them in the captains chair in one of the nooks that had been neglected.
I was elated.
My hand and wrist are no longer naked!
Though not well captured in photo, below is a picture of the cranny in which B found my rings and watch.

And this is the chair guilty of stealing my jewelry. I have forgiven it though, and in that very chair I am sitting as I write up this blog.
All is well in the world tonight. Mainly because my B is my hero.
As for now, I may begin working on another hat. Look at all this yarn... I must do something with it! And the specialized bag... yes it is filled with more yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles, patterns and how-to books. I have spoiled myself with these items. It is quite an enjoyable hobby. Raw and B's Momma can vouch for me on that I believe.
I have tomorrow off from work, so I am not stressed out about getting to bed early tonight. We will see how long I can keep these tired eyes open.
I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!
Love to one and all.

5 comments:

bebe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bebe said...

DAMN - I often misplace my electric skillet and then - lo and behold - there it is!! In the Captain's chair!! They eat anything!! Glad you found them - LOVES!! UPERIC

Hillary said...

I am super glad you found your treasures. A big FHHHEEEWWW. I know exactly where my wedding ring is, in the jewelry box next to Max's since neither of them fit us. Sad but true.

Bonnie said...

I am glad that your rings were found.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh my. What a scary day. I'm glad they turned up. And how did they get there, anyway? I think the chair snuck upstairs in the middle of the night for a snack. Those dogs are in trouble for not alerting you that the chair was there, stealing your stuff. You better give those boys a good talking to.

And yes, you are a yarn fanatic. I only have about six skeins. I did buy a how-to book but I don't want to make anything in it. Now what do I do?

Loveyou!