Sunday, January 17, 2010

Get a Load of This!

Would you ever believe that egg whites, oats, cottage cheese and cinnamon would make pancakes? B and I never thought so either.
However, it turns out when all of these things are mixed together, they work...
kind of:
We were really iffy about the whole process while we were just mixing these ingredients up. After first putting them on the pan, we still weren't so sure about them working. But, after they cooked, we tried them with sugar free maple syrup. The result: NOT SO BAD! Actually they are pretty good.
As the meal wore on we were still putting our pancake mix in the pan. We seemed to get better at cooking the cakes. Our last one looks the best and resembles an actual pancake the most:
We have done a lot of things differently as far as diet and intake are concerned. Other changes we have made are home made protein bars:
We eat a lot more protein in the form of whey. It isn't that bad, but I can't say that I ever really crave whey protein. I prefer the chocolate flavor in the bars and can do either flavor in my shakes. We used vanilla in our pancakes this morning. Not bad stuff really and pretty good for you.
We also have been eating more oats and changed over to sugar free syrup. Who ever would have thought that we could change in these areas?
One of our final changes (and perhaps my favorite)... Turkey Bacon!
I think this stuff is great. Finally bacon with hardly any fat and it actually tastes like really good bacon. I haven't always been a fan of pig bacon as it is just so greasy and I end up eating only the parts that are not fat, which makes for a very skimpy piece of bacon. With turkey bacon, you can eat the whole thing and it tastes super good.
Under my 'important blog labels' you can find recipes for the pancakes, protein bars, and shakes. I think they are really good and I remember Raw commenting that she wanted the recipe for the protein bars. So there ya go!

In other things:

Work has been just the same except one of my residents passed away yesterday and she was one that nobody would have expected to go. I will miss her quite a bit. She was quite a sweet lil' lady.
Things are crazy busy at work, which is nice because it makes the days just fly when I am there, but a little break would be nice. I really don't ever get to take breaks.

B and I had this weekend off together. It has been quite nice. We took the dogs for a walk yesterday which then lead to them needing a bath. They are both so fluffy now. I also think that Gordon now thinks that Arnold is a girl as he has attempted to be inappropriate with him. Perhaps we should have left Arnold dirty for his own protection. I love those mutts.

I have one more hat to make and then Yogurt and Krauts families will be receiving their Christmas presents (finally!). I also managed to sell another hat! How about that! I really need to get the guts and the courage up to start myself up a business. I can't really pinpoint why I am so scared to do that, but I am.

I hope all is well with everyone else.

Much love to you all!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

You are the coolest! I love that you posted these recipes, I'm kinda gross this way, but I think they sound yummy.
I'm so impressed with you 2 health nuts, I totally love you guys. I just want to invite you to Aubrey's birthday party on Saturday, but if you can't make I'll forgive you, but I don't know if she will. You know how she is...
Loves!!!!