Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Three Started with a Battle

Oh my heck! I can't eat as much as the program tells me.
Today I attempted 6 egg whites scrambled together with 2 and 1/2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 cup of yogurt and one serving a protein infused malto-meal.

The eggs were good mind you, but I can't eat eggs very much... I think I choked down close to 5 of the egg whites, B ate the rest, which means I probably only ate 2 pieces of the turkey bacon.
In theory, the idea of malto-meal, sweetened with vanilla flavored protein powder and cooled with skim milk, was good. In actuality, it was awful. The powder frothed up and the taste was awful. I ate half of my serving. B ate the whole thing. He is a stubborn boy though.
The cup of yogurt was the best thing, and I had no problem with that, other than I had to pile it on top of all of the other stuff I had just forced in my belly.

Today my arms are still like butter, my abs are sore, and I have a rug burn on my left knee from my female push-ups, you know the ones I am talking about. The work out was hard yesterday. I am going to do todays workout later... but man oh man, I am a sore woman.

In other news:
We found out that one of our friends are pregnant and due in June. How exciting for them. We haven't seen them since their wedding, but we have missed them often and keep them close to our hearts.

There is not to much else left to say here. Perhaps you will see another whiney blog from me later after I have further tortured myself with another workout. This really is a good thing, I have to keep telling myself... one day at a time, one day at a time.

Much love to all.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

By week 3 you will be able to eat that much. When I was training for the marathon, when I started into the double digits in miles, man I ate everything I could see. Your body will need the fuel ;) You are doing great!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Amazing! You will be that hot babe by June, maybe earlier. Did you take before photos?

Hillary said...

WOAH. You two are hard core.

I have heard lots of people doing that program but they always end their claim with "but I'm not doing to eating part"

You go with your bad selves.