Monday, January 18, 2010

My Newest Hat

I made what I believe to be yet another super cute ear flap hat. I LOVE it. I made it for no one in particular and hopefully to get some guts up to start a business. I suppose I should probably get a little head to model it better.
Done!
Of course that is just me, not a real model. All real models were not available, so this will have to do.
I also don't know how I am gonna sell all of these hats that I seem to fall in love with. Perhaps we should move to a very cold climate that stays cold all year long. Then every day I could debut a new hat. That might be a little overboard though.
Below is a picture of the boys who wondered what on earth I was doing taking these photos. They were too cute and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take their photo!
And this is them again below, showing you just how cute they cuddle when they sleep on our bed... EVERY STINKING NIGHT!!!
Still cute, but man oh man, sometimes I miss the days of leg room and not worrying about who I am gonna squash when I roll over.
In other news.

Changes they are a brewin' again at my work. My current boss has decided to take a new position within the company, so we get another new boss. I met her today and she has worked with Sunshine Terrace for quite some time and I have heard many positive things about her.
Though I am nervous about this new change I am also excited to see what kinds of things are going to change with this new boss.

Work is still just crazy busy and, though I complain about being there when I am there, I am really quite grateful to have a job at all. I feel that I do a great job when I am there, and I truly love those little patients of mine.

As far as personal life is concerned, I really must admit that I don't mind the diet so much. Though, we did cheat last night and went to Wendy's and ate twisted frosty's. We both ordered Oreo flavor and they were the best tasting frosty's to have ever graced the earth... I am pretty sure anyway.

I really must say that we are doing quite well on the diet. I have to admit that my favorite part is that we eat dinner together at the table almost every single night. I love it. We used to eat on T.V. trays so we could watch, well, ya know... T.V. Now we actually sit at the table and just enjoy each other and our meal. We also have done more breakfasts at the table when we are off together. I never knew I was missing out on so much by not eating at the table with my baby.

Well, I am ending this post to put a picture of my ear hat (featured in this post) on facebook to see what kind of a response I get from my friends. Their responses just might make or break my confidence in starting up a business.

We shall see.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just caught up by reading all your posts that i haven't read for months. Sorry. I have just been so busy that i haven't blogged for months. I am impressed with your diet success and all of the new foods you are making. The pancakes actually looked really good.
Your puppies are adorable as ever and your hats are fantastic. My sister was really impressed with your crocheting ability when she say the Halloween afghan you made, which was on my latest post I just put on.

I love you lots.

Bonnie said...

Hey, have you and Bentley had a chance to play the guitar that i sent home with you in December? It was really good to see you. When are you coming down here again?

Nickie said...

I so heart that hat! I need to try making some ear-flap hats! You look super cute in it too!
I love your puppies, that picture made me laugh right out loud, they are so funny.
I miss you! More than is healthy for me I think.
I love you!

Kandice said...

K I want one of those hats please! They are super cute. So I need to know the latest at TG!:)

Hillary said...

You had me at that hat! That hat and me would be so good together. That hat is duh-ar-ling. You should totally sell those things, I mean, if you can bear to part with any of them.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That hat deserves to be in a New York botique. Better start finding one because they would sell to snooty NY women with little blond haired girls. It's darling.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I LOVE the colors.

And the doggies.

And the pancakes look awesome.

And I'm hungry, ubt not for healthy pancakes. For cherry cream cheese pie, which is in the garage and which I am going to ignore.

Blessed said...

Hi.. I just finished qriting something and clicked on the next blog and it was yours. I must tell you that the hat is lovely.. i love the color green.. it is indeed very beautiful.. you got a sweet smile too.. and good luck for the business you plan!!

Blessed said...

thank you... and i am glad knowing that my words made your day in some way !

Hillary said...

I was looking at your blog again (just because I miss your face) and was flabbergasted at your clean and shiny kitchen and your fabulous kitchen faucet! Not that I am amazed that YOUR kitchen is clean, just that mine is so hard to keep clean. CHILDREN! Also, that faucet it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm a bit jealous. Thanks again for our cute hats. Someday I'll blog about you and them.