Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today is a Very Important Day

Why is today so important? Because it is P90X eve!
Hooray for this eve! B and I are so excited to start our new diet. We both weighed today and were both even more motivated about starting the diet than we were before.

We have decided to do twice a week weigh ins and B wants to do photos. That is going to make for some ugly blog pics at first... but then hello to the hot and sexy ones!
If you are curious about this diet click here:

In other news:
We have started mass disaster clean up and have gotten A LOT done! We still have quite a bit to do, but I am so very proud of B. He likes to hang onto things, and he actually got rid of quite a bit yesterday. I know it is hard for him, but way to go B! He is great, and it is kind of sweet how he grows an attachment to things, but good that he realizes that he doesn't need to keep EVERYTHING!

I am a lot more different. I know that their are a lot of physical items that one can grow an attachment to because of memories or because it belonged to someone who is no longer here. It just makes life so much easier when you realize that you have the memories of those loved ones whether or not you have the items that they owned when they were alive. I think what made me realize this the most was after my mom died.

I love her like crazy, but she loved porcelain dolls. I think they are creepy. And though my dad offered me millions of times to take her dolls, I couldn't. At first I felt bad, but then I realized 2 years had passed and I still remembered everything about her that I would have with or without her dolls in my house.

Now her mom, my grandma... she loved bells. This might be an understatement. She had hundreds of them. She kept them in a hutch. I am pretty sure that I was offered some of those bells as well. I just didn't want them. I have my memories and that is enough... sometimes it is more than enough.

Now that I am done with that tangent. B and I plan on finishing our house clean up between today and tomorrow. I hope all is well with everyone and I promise there will be more pictures in my future blogs.

I have been on a bit of a typing-rant-post-type lately!
Love to you all.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I think I inspired your patience resolution huh, cuz you had to ride your bike at my speed in LRRH.
I have some of mom's dolls, maybe my little girls will love them...hmmm, but I'm sort of with you, they're a little spooky.
I love you, I'll get a blog up soon, I hope.

Stacey Fields said...

Yay for P90X. I am way excited!!! Just think, in 3 short months we are going to have some HOT bikini bodies:)

Anonymous said...

You are one smart cookie. I don't necessarily keep things for sentimental reasons. I just keep them! Gah.