Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Celebration and Some Sad News


I figure I may as well start off with the fun part of my blog first, then we will move onto more of a sad subject.
Last night, we (our neighbors Stacey and Brett, and me and B) went out and celebrated. Stacey just got a new job and she was really excited about it. We all were. I am so happy for her as she has really wanted to find a new job, especially within the last couple of months. So we all abandoned our diets (we are doing P90X together, and they are better at it than we are). We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. It is a yummy place that serves really good food.
We then went bowling. I am the worst bowler, but I still have a lot of fun doing it. We played two games and then called it good. After that it was back to our house. At first we just watched some T.V. The party was fading fast as me and Stacey were falling asleep. However, B was able to save the party.
He turned on our Wii and started to play the game 'Just Dance'. It was hilarious. It woke both Stacey and I right up. I didn't film the solo's that B performed, but Brett did. We were all laughing so hard, I was almost bawling. So we had a great idea. Up to four people can play at a time so we did boys against girls. It was a blast!
Below here are two mini movies, you must hit pause on my playlist (sidebar) and turn up your volume, especially for the boys dancing, it is best to watch them dance and hear the music.


I love how the boys shimmy. We were all in hysterics for most of the night. Below here is a victory picture of Stacey and I after we wasted the boys on the 'Pump up the Jam' dance. She is so cute. I just love that girl!
And below here is just one more action shot of how much fun the boys had. It was a really good night and a really good way to work off the dinner that we consumed that wasn't so diet friendly. It was well worth it.
And now, things get a little bit sad. My brother Delaware (real name is Dee) is a great guy. He has two gorgeous children and a wonderful wife. I don't really have any pictures of her, but below here is a photo of Dee and his oldest, Nash.
So sweet.
Dee and his wife were expecting. They were about 17 weeks in, and were so excited. At their ultrasound about two weeks ago, they found our they were having a little boy. They were going to name him Joseph William. Although Nash wanted to name him Mario.
Yesterday they went in to have another ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. They were far enough along that they had to induce labor. And today they delivered.
I feel so much sadness for them right now. What do you do in a moment like that? How do you comfort people who experience this? What do you say?
It is completely foreign to me as I have no children yet. We haven't even been pregnant. I just feel so stupid not knowing what exactly to do. I figure I could make them a blanket, and I will, but that just feels so... empty.
They have been in my thoughts all day since I heard the news. It is a certain hell that you experience when you watch/hear of someone you love going through such... well... hell.
I love my family very much. In this night I wish strength and healing to my brother and his family. They are always in my heart. I just wish that felt like enough.

Much love to all.

5 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

Hillary said...

Wow. That's so sad. I mean the first part is happy, what fun you had with your friends. But, your brother! WOW. I can't even imagine having to go through labor with such saddness.

All you can do is call. Just call, even if you don't know what to say. It means so much just knowing you care. At least it did to us when Liesel died.

Aimee said...

What a difficult thing to have to go through. My heart aches for you all. XOXO

Dee said...

Pat, you rock! Just knowing you are there for us is comforting. That and having a reminder that silliness is forever. Thanks for the much-needed laugh. -And Bentley, thanks for the shimmy!

Nickie said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen, and I have some really cute kids! That made me so happy, I watched them both twice, and them B's once more, they are adorable. I love you guys to pieces!
Loves!!