Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Perhaps the Last Post for 2009

Though this blog will be picture-less, I had to get at least one more post in before the new year begins. Our Christmas was absolutely fantastic. It helps that I am married to the best person who ever roamed the earth. My lands, I don't know how he loves me so much... but he does.

As you all (or most of you) may have known, I had to work Christmas day. It was a fun day to spend with my patients and perhaps it is that way because I take care of people who get to know me, not just as a nurse, but as a true care-giver. I feel that working where I do, you get to know your patients a lot better than you would if you worked in a hospital. Maybe some wings in the hospital offer a more extensive stay (my dads nurses are an example), and those nurses too would have hopefully had a better time working such a family oriented holiday.
It was fun, though I couldn't wait to get home to be with B.

As I said, we had a great holiday. I am pretty sure that every gift I got for B is going to be returned, but he is a hard person to shop for. Me on the other hand... I am all to easy to please. B got me some knitting tools. I am a self taught crocheter, so now, on to becoming a self taught knitter. I really cannot wait. However, I am still finishing some hats that I want to give to some loved friends and family for Christmas... knitting will have to wait.

We both bought each other some video games and video game equipment (Wii fit plus!). I got B what I thought was a bad ass remote controlled helicopter, but he is going to return it. I think because he found it cheaper online than what I payed for it. B got me and himself some shirts. He also got me pearls. They are beautiful. I will photo them as soon as we find our battery charger for our camera.

The dogs seem to love their tent with tube toy that we got them. This item is really meant for human children, but it suits my furry critters just fine. Gordon actually did laps through the tube after we set it up. He is such a sweet pup. Arnold is not so sure about the tube... the tent, he doesn't mind. He will actually go in their without any coaxing.

In other news... I made some good bucks on my hats. I received an order for 7 hats and made over $100.00. That was pretty cool. This experience has inspired me to perhaps start a business similar to Raw Chickens where I will have a blog of nothing but hats and scarves... maybe even mittens and little kid winter booties... not sure yet. I have a lot to look into, like my small business owners license, plus I am hoping that if I site my patterns, both the free ones I have found online and the ones that I have purchased in a book, that I won't piss off other women and men out their who have posted their patterns to be used for free. I would basically just be charging for my labor and yarn costs. I don't care to take credit for anyones patterns. All of that kind of stuff makes me nervous, perhaps nervous enough to not actually start a business at all. It is a good idea though, and one that I know I would enjoy. I guess I am just a chicken.
Bah-gock!

In other news, B and I and our neighbors are going to start P-90 X in January. Perhaps this will jump-start us into looking good in time for summer. I have got to get in better shape because I plan on doing a hell of a lot of road and mountain biking this year. I really can't wait. The Little Red Riding Hood bike ride will be here before we know it! That ride is an absolute blast!

On a more serious note. Things at work have been pretty good lately. It is so touching to care for the elderly, especially as they start to near the end of their lives. One lil' gal just passed away on the 27th, and I will miss her and her family immensely. They are wonderful people. Though I was not the nurse on with her as she passed away, her family made it a point today to tell me that I was the 'heart of her care at Terrace Grove.' I was so very complimented and touched. It made me realize that I really do make a difference, every day. These are things that I need to remember on the days that I am completely burnt out at work. Just thought I would share that with you all, whoever is still reading this.

What else can I tell you? I don't know that there is much. B and I will not be making it to Provo again this year. I do have gifts for the families south of us... I am just going to have to mail these fun little items. I hope that one and all had fun at their various family/friend holiday functions.

Happy Holidays one and all.
To a Better and Brighter New Year!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

You are such a sweety, that is all I have to say.
Loves!

Hillary said...

I just love you to pieces. And thanks for all the good advise for my health issues. I am doing all that you suggested, but the yogurt. That's the first things I spewed so I am shy of it. This is far too much information for a blog comment. I just wanted to say thanks and I love and totally miss you.

And just don't buy Heed stuff if he's gonna take it all back. Speaking totally non-partial as his sister...He has worms. ;)

Anonymous said...

First of all, you figured out how to spell the perfect chicken noise. How'd you do that?

I'm glad the doggies liked the tent. Will they sleep in there, do you think?

I know you treat your patients so well, Tricia. I'm coming there to die.

Do it! Get your business license. For one thing, you can then order all kinds of goodies at a discount. Like from the Tag catalog. And your hats and scarves are a wonderful business. I wish i knew how to make more than a stupid pot holder. Oh well, no burned fingers. I have some made for you. And am making some scrubbies for you too.