Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ta-Dah!... Finally a Blog!

Things have been busy!!! But today I finally blog.
I have decided to show off some of the Christmas decor in our wonderful house.
Below is a picture of all the the Christmas stuff we are putting on top of our new entertainment center. Above that is the very Christmasssy "All in the Family" on our TV. Seriously I don't know why I was watching that.
Below is a close up of a snow couple that Bonnie gave me and B last year. There is a spot that you can push and they sing and dance. Pretty cute.
That there Bonnie keeps us in some really cute decorations.
Below here is another cute lil' snowman. He is hugging a throw. My sweet aunt Dana gave this to B and I for Christmas this year at our family party (which was a blast... thanks again Arty and Opera!).
At last, here is our tree. I cut the star off in my pic, but you get the gist of it. I love our tree. It is small and simple. It sucks that it is not pre-lit, so putting lights on it is really annoying, but luckily I married the best man alive and he took on that chore. What a guy.
I decided to give you a close up of the Christmas sign my very creative sister Raw made. She gave one to everyone in our family. She is just so clever. I am so happy that we are sisters. As far as sisters go, she is the best.
Below is the present candy jar that the Christmas sign leans up against. We don't have anything to hang the sign up with at the moment so it rests against the candy jar. I love the candy jar. My dad gave it to me. I think he and Bonnie got one for everyone to have on his second to last Christmas. I love that he did that. We all have something wonderful to decorate our houses with that will forever remind us of him
Miss you Dad!
And below here, my creative Raw strikes again. She made Christmas bows for all the little girls in our family and she brought one too many. I told her that I would love to have it, even though I won't wear it. It is just pretty. So I have stuck it in our tree for now.
And finally I have to represent B's stocking that his aunt Dorothy made for him when he was a little boy. I think she made one for him and all of his siblings. B's is in pretty good shape. He took very good care of it.
I had to get a close up of the face. Though I think it is very cute, I also think that this Santa looks a little 'fruity' if you know what I mean.
B loves him no matter what his preferences are... what a guy!
So our family got together for the Christmas party on the 12th. It was so much fun. It was much better than last year, when I don't think we did anything together at all. We all really dropped the ball. B and I showed up to Arty's first at about 2:00. We hung out and talked and played with his girls and just had a good time. Raw and Rambo + family showed up not too long after and the chatting/hanging continued. Delaware and Alaska showed up much later, but we still loved EVERY minute we were able to spend with them. I don't think they knew how early that they could have come, but it was still a great time with them.
Dana came with them. Bonnie showed up last. She had a lot on her plate that day.
It was a wonderful night that went by way too fast. I really can't wait for the next family party. I love my siblings all very much and I am so happy that this first Holiday get together without both our Mom and Dad was successful. Things went so well it is hard not to feel as if Mom and Dad were right there in the house with us. Oh how I miss them and their advice.
I love my whole family so very much! How lucky I am.
I hope all is well elsewhere. I will be a better blogger.
Much love to all.

6 comments:

Brynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brynn said...

The only decor I have up is a door hanger :( I am jealous of your Christmas Spirit!

jill said...

I love that stocking, it seriously rocks!! Miss you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Kandice said...

Love your Christmas decor, very cute. I love your new entertainment center, it looks wonderful! And All In The Family??? One of my favorite shows...Archie and Edith are hilarious! I'm so excited for tomorrow night! Where should we go?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Your house looks very good. Our tree isn't even up yet. It is sitting in the living room being naked.

Your decorations are darling.

Taylor is home from the hospital already. Wasn't even there 24 hours.

bebe said...

OMG - I'm commenting!! Thanks AGAIN for such a wonderful Christmas!! Just having you guys in my house was present enough - and I got a hat on top of that!! I absolutely love having you be a part of what was my Christmas past, is my Christmas present and what will be my Christmas future. LOVES 2 U and B!!