Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Stuff I Have Made Recently

Things lately have been good. Work has been busy and stressful. Today I swear that I set a record for most telephone orders received and written. My oh my it was busy. But it is done and I don't return to work until tomorrow at 6:00 AM. Which is too soon.

Onto other things.
Below here is a hat that I made. It is pink and yellow with brown accents. And I put the flower on in a stupid spot, so I have to take the flower back off and re-sew it on. I put the hat on and just wondered to myself "what was I thinking when I sewed this on?"
For some reason unknown to me this hat reminds me of cupcakes. Maybe it is my diet telling me that I am lacking the daily nutritional value that a cupcake can bring. Or maybe I have had one too many chocolate cupcakes with pink and yellow icing... no that can't be it, there are NEVER too many of those!
I miss cupcakes!

And now below here is a cute lil' dog sweater that I made for one of my favorite co-workers. Her name is Patsy and she has a little girl dog that freezes all the time when out and about. So I made this, and it is a bit long for her dog, but Patsy is talented in the fine art of crochet and will shorten the length.
I took this photo to hopefully capture the flowers on the back better.
Presently I am working on an afghan for my brother Dee and his family. I know that it is not much but it is a comfort. I will photo it when I am done and post it on the blog.

I have been doing better with workouts on the days that I am not pulling 12 hour shifts at work so that is good! On those 12 hour days I come home and am just exhausted. Not sure how to not be exhausted after a day like that.

B has a test coming up on Friday. I hope he does well. After that we are going to our friend Brynn's for dinner. That will be fun to see her and other friends that we have not seen a in long time! We also plan on stopping at Dee's to see him and his family. I love them so much and it will be good to stop in for a visit.

I took my amigurumi turtles into work and showed them to some of the cute lil' ladies. They loved them. I am making some for them. I think they turned out really cute as well. Plus they are fun to make.

At any rate, that is my life in a boring little nutshell!
I hope one and all are doing well!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You are a much better blogger person than I am. Plus, also, you do about 9,000 more things in one day than I do. I love that yellow hat (which is strange because I told Mads yesterday that I didn't LOVE yellow) I think it was the cupcake comment that got me. :)

Sure miss you guys.

Mr.s Gokey said...

I miss cupcakes too=)