Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Diet Re-Cap

Okay so this month is a little discouraging, but that is okay. Here is the re-cap:

Weight Loss: -0.2 pounds
Yup, this means I gained.

Cheats: Way too many... Let's see... I had a doughnut on 2/12/10, we ate out numerous times, last night I even had pizza with extra cheese... Let's not forget the movie theatre cheats. This is something that will look much better for the month of March.

Workouts: Have done some dog walking and started from couch to 5K. Also, major cleaning on basement today which will qualify as a workout given the amount of clean-up needed. Must do better here as well. I am going to get my bike out, possibly even this weekend, we shall see.

Eating Habits: Despite the cheating, I didn't do awful on Monday's through Thursdays. I stayed within the dietary guidelines I have set for myself. Those damn weekends are killer though. A couple of compliments that I have for myself: I have made an awesome chicken chili that will be made again in the near future, am kickin' ass at soups and stews that are low carb/high protein and last for more than just one meal!

Overall: I know that I need to do better. I am actually turning thirty in March (on the 31st) and I would love to give myself another 10 pound loss. So March is going to be much better and much more strict with dieting and exercising. February was a failure, March will not be this way.

And there you have it!

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

It's okay. You LOOK way skinny. And I gain every week-end, and I weigh in on Monday! So discouraging.

What do you want for your birthday?

Jaimie said...

It's discouraging, but use your disappointment to help fuel you next month to do better. You can do this :) It's hard, but if it was easy, there'd be no need to diet ;) One thing I did [because I had a bad February] was print out my post about how bad my February was and I'm putting it in my wallet. That way whenever I start to go off plan, I can pull it out and use it to ground me and put myself back.

Weekends are very hard. I used to find myself struggling more on the weekends. Now instead of going out to restaurants that I know I cannot control myself at [the BBQ fiasco] I will cook the same thing at home or go somewhere else. And for movies, I take a big purse and fill it with baggies of good food. I sneak in my own popcorn, which is the 98% fat free popcorn. I also bring veggies, fiber one bars, or fruit to snack on also. Then I avoid the expensive theater stuff and I'm eating healthier :)

You can do this, just keep being strong!