Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken Chili Recipe

I found this recipe on Googies blog and she found it at about.com. It was super easy to make and super yummy! I even loved the left overs. So here is the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 to 1 and 1/2 lb chicken, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 chopped onion (I used 2 yellow onions diced)
1 15 oz can drained pinto beans you can use white or small red beans too
1 15 oz can drained black beans
1 can stewed tomatoes, Mexican style, (I used 2 cans of Rotel)
1 15 oz can corn (drained and optional)
2 tablespoons chili powder or seasoning mix (I used powder)

Preparation:

In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken and onion over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce to low; simmer for about 20 minutes.

I flavored my chicken with salt and garlic powder. I also added red pepper flakes.



No comments: