Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipe for Home Made Tortilla Chips

My sister gave me a recipe for home made tortilla chips and these things really hit the spot when I am craving something crunchy that is not a vegetable, and they are super yummy when they are hot. Super simple to make as well!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
Cut wheat tortillas with a pizza cutter and arrange on cookie sheet.
Spray over the top of the cut tortilla and flavor. I use salt and garlic powder.
Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

I have also thought of baking these for 8 minutes and then taking them out and putting a small slice of 50% fat free cheddar cheese on top and then letting them finish baking. I haven't tried this yet... but it sure sounds good. Especially if you have a fresh salsa dip!

2 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

I'm going to have to try that this weekend!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I forgot all about these. I used to make them with sprouted ww tortillas. They are yummy. Thanks for the reminder. I've eaten ALL DAY. I can not eat one more bite or I won't have lost this week.

Thanks for the award, you are aweetie. I need some sunshine in my life. What i wouldn't do for a sunroom. I'd never leave it, probably and would end up like an old prune.