Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a Super Fun Night!

Last night B and I drove out to Toole to have dinner with some friends of mine from high school. Brynn and her husband Chad were kind enough to host a party. We had A LOT of fun. It was really good to see these girls again and to just do some basic catch up. Something that we definitely need to do more often in the future. As it turns out too, I am super lucky to have these girls as friends still as I was not a very nice girl in high school.
Below here is a photo of us. From left to right you have:
Kristy, Brynn, Me, Eve, and Monica. Both Brynn and Eve are pregnant right now, and both of them look fantastic! It was really a good time. Thank you Brynn so much for the idea of a get together and for thinking of me as a guest!
Below here is a photo of Brynn and her little boy Trevor. He has quite an arm. Not to mention how cute he is.
Here is a cuter photo of Trevor. He is a doll! He looks so much like Brynn. I am really excited for her and Chad on their 2nd child!
As it turns out Eve and her husband Justin have a mini schnauzer too. His name is Archie, and I regret now that I didn't take his photo. He is a bit bigger than our schnauzers but so darn cute. He is silver. Eve and I have made plans to get together with our dogs and to go out on a search party. I am pretty sure that is what schnauzers were made for... searching.

After the party at Brynns, B and I went to see Dee and Angie. That was a fun visit as well and I wish we would have been able to have stayed longer. The night just seemed to fly. I would have loved to spend more time with both my family and my friends. Bottom line I guess, B and I need to go down to Salt Lake area more often. There are so many people we love down there, and I think they love us! :)

The ride home was good. We drove mostly in rain until we got nearer to the Logan exit. And then of course the rain changed to snow. As we got into Sardine Canyon, the snow flakes were HUGE! I tried to catch some still photos of the snow, but that did not work out so well, so I took a short video to show you what we drove in.
Visibility was extremely limited. It was to the point where we had to look more at the tire tread in the road rather than look further out of the windshield. Scary. We did about 2o - 25 mph mostly. In a couple areas we were able to reach 40 mph safely. It took awhile, but B is a very experienced driver and did a fantastic job!

Yesterday I also registered for the 2010 Little Red Riding Hood Bike ride put on up here in Cache Valley. It is a yearly bike ride for girls only and you can donate money in the event and the money goes toward a different type of female cancer. Last year it was a big supporter for breast cancer. I got a little crazy on the registration and I ended up ordering a few items. Here they are below:
This is a front view of the sleeveless jersey that I bought to ride in.

Below here is the back. I think it is super cute!

Below here is a boulero (?). It is for me to wear in the morning as the ride usually starts out cooler than it finishes. I think it is super cute. This is just the front:
And below here is a photo of the back. It says 'Super Red' on it. I am way excited about having that. Plus I ordered everything a size smaller than what I was last year, because my weight loss is going so well. I hope by June I have lost no momentum, however, since I registered so early my jersey and things should ship out to me before the ride so I can exchange if I need to!
And now this is a photo of the shirt you get just for registering to ride. I think it is super cute:
Here is another one you can buy for $10.00 and I like it too, but I didn't purchase it because....
I ended up getting this hoodie:
I wear hoodies quite a bit, so I think this was the better purchase. But who knows, maybe I will change my mind and get the other shirt as well. It is only $10.00.
After having registered for the ride I have been super stoked to go cycling. I really can't wait. I also got Raw to register yesterday and have hopefully recruited Angie as well.

Today has been a pretty good day. We went out with our friends Brett and Stacey to Petsmart to see the Four Paws rescue dogs. They only had three of them there so we went to the Humane Society and fell in love with every dog they had. I love my schnauzers, and I know that I will probably pay for some more pure bred dogs in the future but I also plan on adopting dogs from the Human Society as well. When we have a house and a yard we will be able to do more stuff like that.

Our friends filled out an application to be a foster home for the dogs. How fun. Brett is extremely good with dog training so it makes sense that he wants to do that. They are both good people with big hearts. I am really glad that we are friends with them.

Today I also saw my friend Kandice and her husband Josh. We don't see them enough. I really do like them and want to hang out with them more in the future.

And that is that. I am just sort of hanging out now, blogging and my immediate future plans are to do nothing at all. I have to work tomorrow and that is the extent of my weekend for now. I hope all is well for everyone.

Again, thank you Brynn for a lovely evening. It was so good to see all of the girls!

2 comments:

Kandice said...

It was so fun to see you guys today. We do need to get together! You look fantastic. Little Red sounds like it will be fun and you will look super cute in your new shirt! We'll stop by and get those games tomorrow probably after the super bowl when we leave Franklin, I'll text ya. Love ya!

Brynn said...

It was so great to see you guys, it had been almost 3 years since the last time I saw ya! We really need to at least try for every 2 years :) I am glad you guys made it home safe, thanks for risking your lives to come for a visit.
Good luck in the race. Make sure you post the link to donate.