Friday, May 30, 2008

I Love You Guys!

So I have to admit, regretfully, that the most recent photos I have of my family, other than the funeral, are from B and my wedding.
B and I have used countless footage on our dogs in Smithfield, but we tend to forget our camera when we go out of town for family events.  As a result you get to see old pictures.
I love my family so much.
I truly have been blessed with the BEST siblings and the BEST in-laws anyone could ever ask for.  Each one of you commented on my sad blog the other day and your comments have meant the world to me.
Today's blog is sort of a thank you for all of the strength and help your comments gave to me during a time that I really needed it the most.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Below is a picture of B and B's momma.  She is such a sweet person.  I absolutely adore her.  When she first saw this picture, she said she didn't like it much.  I LOVE it.  In this picture, she conveys to me that she is truly proud of her son and very happy for him.  She seems so genuinely happy in this picture, it seems to be a happiness that only a mother can feel. 
Below is a picture of the boys.
Starting from the left is my brother-in-law, whom we'll call Murse.  He is Raw Chickens husband.  They have two gorgeous kids, will have been married for 10 years this August, and they are still crazy for each other.
Next is Delaware, we already know him.  He one of my brothers and the only person I can honestly say that we had a hate-love relationship.
Growing up Delaware and I absolutely hated each other.  This is not the case now.  I never would have thought I could love this guy so much, especially when I was younger.
Next in line is my rock, my anchor, my sanity, B.  He and I were together for 5 years before we were engaged.  Our engagement lasted for  1/2 year.  We are going to celebrate 2 fantastic years of marriage this July 28th.  He simply is the best and I love him with every ounce of my being.
I couldn't have asked for more when I got him.
Next to B, is my dad.  He looks so strong, sturdy and unshakeable in all of my wedding photos.  This is the way I choose to remember him.
Last but not least is good ol' Arty, in his pre-mullet days (ha ha).  He too is another brother, and a brother that I never thought I could love.  But then we all grew up and got over ourselves.  Funny how life works out.
Below now we have the girls.  First of course is Raw Chicken, my only sister.  And falling right in course with my brothers, she and I hated each other too.  We both have the IQ of a peanut, as our mom once said, at the time she was right.  Now I believe that we have at least graduated to the IQ of a walnut as we both love each other deeply now.
Next in line is me.  Shirt.  This is the day of my wedding.  It was a gorgeous day.  It was a happy day.
Opera is next to me, she is Arty's wife and I believe they will have been married for 13 years this September.  They have two darling little girls.
After Opera comes Alaska.  Alaska and Delaware are married, I tried to keep my states together.  They just celebrated 7 years of marriage (I think?) this last March.  They have a little boy and a little girl.  Both of them are beautiful and both have daring personalities.
Below here you have the whole bunch again.
I feel like posting these pictures today because, they are memories from a happier day.  All of the memories may not be that happy, but the day still managed to bond us.
Like it or not, you all are stuck with me for good! Ha, ha.  I feel like I am on the winning end of this deal!!!
Below is our dad.  He is the man that made this family possible (all except B's momma!).  Whether we all knew it or not, he began (a very long time ago) to help us as kids become close.
"Family First!"
Words spoken by dad, though not always in a kind/gentile way, but very true.
We all love and miss you very much dad.
You are the best.
Thanks to my siblings for being so good to me.  Thanks for your help throughout this completely hard time.  As stated before, we are the funnest people to mourn with, and we are also the strongest group to get through these hurdles in life with.
I love you all (more than my luggage! name the movie!).
Love
Shirt
PS- Crazy in AZ, I don't have a picture of you, but your comments were really helpful and really enduring as well.  I am glad to know how much you loved him!


6 comments:

Aimee said...

What great pictures!! You look so beautiful and most of all HAPPY:) I can only imagine the emptiness you feel from losing your dad. You are (and always have been) such a great example and strength to me:) Hang in there!! Know you are loved.

Nickie said...

Steel Magnolias!
Give me a challenge will ya?
I think I might have recovered from your last blog, you need to warn me when you're going to do something like that.
I love you sista! I'm really excited to see you next week, I miss you and I wish we could get together more often.
Your hair totally rocks in your wedding pics, it makes me want long hair again, but mine never grows that pretty...life is tough for me and my hair...
Loves!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Darling, beautiful Shirt, who married my boy and made the whole family happy,

We all love you too. It's good to hear hearts can be changed as you seem to have had a wee little problem with your siblings earlier. Now you all seem to be the bestest of friends. I wish your sister lived closer. I adore her. And you. Most of all you. Forever.

Bonnie said...

I love the picture you took of your dad's hands. I have been missing Randy terribly this past week. On Thursday, we had a torrential rain so severe that it seemed that a football team was on the roof and dumping buckets of water off as fast as they could. However, the rain couldn't compare to the buckets of tears I have shed this week for Randy. Memorial weekend was tough, but his grave looked beautiful. Thanks for paying tribute to your dad in such a wonderful way. We all feel cheated to have him leave our lives so soon.

Camille said...

I feel sad that I didn't get to know you better, sooner. It's my fault; my dad has been married so many times and I always have the new set of step-siblings. I fell into the "bad" habit of not getting attached. And yet you guys, you and your siblings, have been only the sweetest to me.

I still remember you and D taking me to the airport on my way home after first meeting you. You didn't have to, but you did. I loved that you stayed and talked. Do you even remember that? Now I know why my mom loves all of you so much. You are the kids she always prayed for. Thanks for sharing your life with me now. I look forward to getting to know you all better and better.

I SOOO wish I could have been at your wedding. You look gorgeous!! And I heard everything was beautiful. (K, sorry for the offically longest comment EVER!)

bebe said...

So... Camille wants a challenge for the official longest comment ever eh?!? Oh sista, it is ON!!!

Great comments Shirt!! You have an amazing knack of saying what I think we all feel and now you've done it twice!! You did it with the blog about Dad and now you've done it with your blog about how we have really come together!! We just rock!!

I don't think we ever had a clue that we would end up being as tight as we are, but here we are!!

You have also been the source of one of the neatest accidental traditions we have when you requested 'Lighter Shade of Pale' at my wedding!! It's one of those songs that takes me to a happy place and makes me grateful for all of the things in life that really matter.

I've told Delaware and Chicken, now I'll tell you too....I've always been the oldest of the four, but I haven't necessarily been the biggest. Thanks for giving me someone else to look up to. Love Ya!! Arty