Friday, May 9, 2008

I Begin on a Somewhat Sad Note


Hello friends and family!  I have been influenced by my sister, whom we'll call Raw-Chicken, to create this blog.  As I have titled this posting I am beginning on a somewhat sad note.  Our dad, and hero, passed away recently, and I feel that it is time to share some of the photos that I have from his funeral.  Though it is sad, I feel it is only somewhat sad, as my siblings and I have grown closer.  In the picture above, my siblings and I pose in front of my dads fifth child, his 1965 Gransport Riviera at his graveside services.  From left to right we have my oldest brother, whom we'll call Arty.  Next is me, Shirt.  Next to me is good ol' Raw-Chicken.  Last but not least is my other brother, Delaware.
Though it was dad's funeral, it was a good day.  We honored him properly, and grew much closer.  What can I say other than I love these guys!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

HI Pat I mean shirt!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

And where did the name "Shirt" come from? I tell you, it's much better than raw chicken. Your sister got a "raw" deal.

Camille said...

Your dad was my hero too. I sure love him. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Hope you don't mind me peeking in now and again. Feel free to check out my blog too.