Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Miss My Dad So Much

So I am so very sad today and really missing my dad.  It may be cheesy, but I had rigged the playlist on my blog to play a certain song when people would visit.  This song is called 'Daddy's Hands' and I am unsure of the artist but it correlated with the first image of my sad blog.  
I MISS MY DAD.
I have found myself being so entirely upset that he is gone.  I find myself being mad, thinking that it is unfair, and wondering if he has spoken to Abe Lincoln (tee hee).
All day long, I have been hearing his voice in my head.  Just little catch phrases he had.
I think about something that is mundane to me, and I think of how upon telling my dad this mundane story his response would be 1 of 2 things:
'Oh that's cool man', or 'Don't let those bozos push you around'.
Things at work lately have been both mundane, and I truly am surrounded by bozos.
I wish my dad could come up and let them know that he is my ol' man and to leave his baby alone.  Oh, the little things I am missing the most today.
Above is a picture of my dad with my siblings and two of his grandchildren.  As I mentioned at his funeral, he really loved his grand babies.  Each and everyone.  I guess I feel guilty now that I did not let him meet a grandchild from me.
I simply thought I had more time.
Above is a picture of my dad, being a goof ball, with his geeky daughters.
I thought we had many more goofy days ahead, but no.
I miss you dad, now and forever.  I wish I could see you.
I love you so much.

7 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, Trish, you made me cry. And cry. I am so sorry. I am so 100% sorry.

Don't worry about him not seeing your children. He will see your children far more than we will even if we live in the same city. They will probably see him too when they are little. It will seem so normal to them that they won't even bother saying anything about it. He will see your babies, Trish and so will your mom. They will watch over them all the time.

Write down all those things you heard him saying today.

I'm sorry you lost your daddy.

I love you.

bebe said...

YO...Stay Strong Sis!!
Great Blog Post!!
I don't know if you remember this or not, but at Mom's funeral, one of the last thing's I said - as I spoke "to" Mom, was, "Give my kids a pat on the butt before you send them down". Dad's up there teaching your kids to give knuckles, give zerberts and draw dinosaurs. STAY STRONG!! Everybody in dis house LOVES everybody in dat house!! See Ya Soon!! Steve

Nickie said...

Whatever! I can't even read what I'm writing, okay, I can a little.
That is such an unfair song to make me listen to. I remember mom crying and singing to that song, and now-look at that, it applies to me too.
I miss those guys so much. I miss you too, I love getting on here just to see your cute face.
He's probably glad your kids aren't here yet, he's probably doing lots of stuff with them, and teaching them how to press your buttons.
I love you Tricia, I wish I had more words of comfort, but I don't, so I'll just be sad with you. Just know you won't be crying alone tonight, I'm crying with you. Love you.

Camille said...

Oh my--I was really missing your dad today and so I got online and started reading my old posts about your dad, then I started reading Nickie's--I almost commented on Nickie's last post about London saying how much I missed him, but it didn't match the topic and so I didn't. Then I clicked on your blog and started to cry.

I too am really sad and missing him a lot. He's the dad that I always wished my real dad would have been. I don't think I will ever stop missing him. He was so full of life and love! He was just . . . the GREATEST! I just love him!

Camille said...

I've now listened to the song a couple times, what a great song!

Dee said...

Hey Pat.

I was touched by your words. I love the picture, the stories... you captured what dad is all about. Thanks for helping to put my feelings into perspective. I'm man enough to admit you made me cry, and I think I needed it.

Dad has the good fortune of seeing your kids before any of us. And I'm sure he's loving it. They probably already pull his finger all the time.

Thanks for being so awesome. As NKOTB would say, hang tough!

Love,
Delaware Dee

Bonnie said...

I have always loved looking at your dad's hands. Please send me a copy of this picture, it is priceless.
Every night, I have the same old Willy Nelson theme song playing in my head, "Lord, just help me make it through the night." I hope you read this comment since I am leaving it so many days after you have posted this tribute on your blog. I need to get in the habit of turning on my computer every day. I love you, Trish, and I will try to stay in touch more often.