Sunday, June 7, 2009

Two Posts In One Day? You Gotta Be Kiddin'!

This morning, before Raw Chicken left, we decided to go to breakfast at Village Inn.  We then went shopping at Old Navy to see if there was a swim suit that she may want.  After that we said our goodbyes and my cute sis was off.  B and I just went home.
On our drive it began to rain and pour AGAIN!!!
We got home and checked our window well.  It was okay at that time.
As we hung out in our house, the rain became incredible again.
This time when we checked our window well, this is what we saw:
This is what we did:
B lowered a bucket to me, I filled it up, he dumped it out.
There is cute B getting my bucket of rain water!
And here he is after having lowered the bucket back to me!
Below is a photo of the lake that accumulates in front of the playground in front of the condos.  The drainage here is absolutely horrible!
Again, another photo depicting awful drainage!
And finally, below is actual footage of the rapid flow coming out to form Smithfield Lake.


What I think is awful is that we never know when it is gonna rain like this and just what to expect.  What if we had been at work?
I am beginning to feel as though we really purchased a headache home.  Maybe I am not understanding that this could possibly be a typical situation, but I don't ever remember having to deal with possible house floods due to heavy rain where I grew up.
Who knows.
Even though, we are happy to have caught this incident before the rain water entered the basement!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! I am sorry that having it rain gives you so much trouble. I have seen some houses that have hard, clear plastic covers over their window wells that keep water from getting in on all 3 sides and they also slope so that they deflect the rain to the lawn or flower bed. You should look into getting one. I just wish I could remember where I saw the house so I could find out where they bought them. I will let you know if I find out.

Hillary said...

Yes I agree with you, you DID buy a headache home, you should move directly to HMMM, I don't know, how about Santaquin?

I'm sorry about all your floods. We haven't have any rain except for about 12 seconds yesterday. Just enough to dirty up my windows I cleaned last week.

bebe said...

Oh...HONESTLY....I'm a bit shocked it didn't fill up last night!! That rain was crazy but only in your neighbor hood. By the time we reached the traffic light (THE traffic light) the rain had subsided. I'm so honored I got to see and touch the orange bucket. STRAN

The Gentry's said...

That is a TON of water, so glad it didn't get in your house!
You and your sis rock for doing that bike ride!! Good job :)