Sunday, June 28, 2009

A New Haircut, A New Faucet, and HOLY JEEBUS My Work Was Hit By LIGHTNING!!!

My oh my, there seems to be a lot going on lately!!!!
Below is a picture of me and B.  I am not too fond of myself in this picture, but I wanted to take a picture of the front of my new hair cut.
I like the cut, I just think this is not my cutest picture!
B looks cute though!
Here is the back!
My my, what a lovely lookin' lady!
And wow I have a lot of freckles on the back of my neck and upper back.
I had no idea!
And now, debuting for the first time ever...OUR NEW FAUCET!!!!
We had to get a new one because our old one was leaking.  I sure do like this new faucet.
So does B.
Below here is an action picture!
This is featuring the shower feature.
Below here is again, another action picture.
This is featuring the plain old boring normal water stream.
And might I add, that tomato is very clean!
So these pictures were all taken on Friday, 6/26/09.  This day was very eventful.
After having taken the pictures I sat down and blogged about our vacation.  As I blogged I received a text message from a co-worker that said "Terrace Grove was just hit by lightning."  I really didn't believe her at first, so instead of texting her back, I called her immediately.
She told me about what she knew.  I then tried to call one of my supervisors.  She did not answer, so I called my friend and co-worker Nicole.  I asked her if she knew what was happening at our work and she said no, so I told her.
Nicole said that she was going to head that way.  She brought her husband with her and called me when she got there.  Nicole told me that they could use all the help they could get, so being ever so diligent and a perfect worker, I put my scrubs back on and headed to work.
I got there at 9:00 PM and all of the residents had already been safely evacuated.  NOBODY WAS HURT!  That was amazing and lucky.
I jumped right in and did what I could.  I had already put in my 8 hour day from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM.  I worked from 9 to midnight and then had to be back the next day at 5:00 AM.  That was a short night.
A handful of residents went home with their families.  28 were moved over to Sunshine Terrace, Wing 4 (my new place of business for a while).  6 were moved to Sunshine Terrace, wing 5, 2 to wing 2, and 5 to wing 7.  Sunshine Terrace had closed wing 4 to do some upgrades and had to open it, clean it, and get it ready for our residents all in the span of 3 to 4 hours.
I am VERY impressed with how everyone came together to help and get things done.  We all did such a great job.  The next day, a bunch of volunteers came out and went through the Terrace Grove building and packed up belongings for the residents to get them through the next few days that we will be residing at Sunshine Terrace.
It never ceases to amaze me how people help each other when there has been an event that calls for a major need to be met.
Yesterday and today at work have been really quite fun.  I have been enjoying trying to get everything pieced together and making all my cute lil' patients feel more at home.
My brother and his wife and their friends are up riding the MS Bike Ride.  It has been fun having them here.  They all have had successful and happy rides.
Good for them.
I hope all is well with everyone else -- Yogurt, you are still in my thoughts, I love ya lady!
I hope none of your buildings/homes or other things have been hit by lightning!

6 comments:

bebe said...

So yeah, the hair looks even more gooder in person than the photo shows. I need a degree in engineering to operate that faucet. And, I'm not too pleased with the lightning gods for zapping your Grove. That kind of threw a curveball into our weekend. THANK YOU so much for letting us all crash at your pad. Our weekend rocked thanks to you!! Luvs and Huggies!! Steve FORSK

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Holy Moley! We saw that it had been hit by lightening on the news. We were going to call you and then the Albertson's disease kicked in and that was that. Too bad your parents have Albertson's disease. We've even forgot we are not your real parents 'cause we consider you ours. Totally.

Glad the new faucet is so super. Tomatoes should be clean. Did it squeek?

And what fun to have your fam there!

And your hair is the cutest. The freckles didn't show up on my monitor so I feel cheated.

We are missing you.

Nickie said...

Oh wow! Poor little old folks, that must have been so scary for them.
I love the new faucet and the new haircut and the tomato getting washed...all very nice photos.
What a go-getter you are!
Sounds like you could use some rest now.
Love you!!

Hillary said...

First of all I am totally bummed that I didn't get to cut you that cute hair. And second, freakles are cute, and at least you didn't ever have your head shaved completly up to your oxcipital bone and if that wasn't bad enough, you suddenly realized you have a knarly mole that your hair was hiding all these years. That happened to me once.

Thirdly, your new faucet is AWESOME! That would be perfect for shampooing hair with. I'm sure you thought of that when you bought it.

Fourthy? Lightening? What the heck did you people do to tick off the big guy?

Thanks for the love, I am doing really good, considering...

Truly love you.

And lastly, I think I should have emailed you this comment. It's LARGE!

Hillary said...

PS Hobo or not, Heed is fairly cute in that picture. But not as cute as you. Love the new do.

Bonnie said...

I think it was so great of you to go back in to work and help the patients like you did. What kind of damage did the building sustain? Is your job at Terrace Grove or at Sunshine Terrace? I guess they must be close by each other. I know that you started working at Sunshine Terrace.