Thursday, June 4, 2009

It Is Gonna Be a Great Weekend!

My weekend starts tonight.
I have Friday through Sunday off, and I am so excited.
My sister is coming!!! We are going to ride 46 miles in the Little Red Riding Hood Cycling event.
I rode last year with my neighbor and we had a blast, even though it hailed on us.
I will take my camera with me and blog our cycling fun!!!
It has been a year (I think) since I last saw Raw Chicken.  A lot has happened.
We will have a lot to catch up on.
Tonight B and I went longboarding.
I am not very good at it but I have a blast anyway.  We bought our longboards a couple of weeks ago and they are just so darn fun.  Of course B is instantly good at riding his.  He says it is because he skated a lot as a kid, but that was a long time ago, he just is able to keep his skills even when not in use!
Below is a picture of our boards, the boring side.  Oh ya, and my super cute skate shoes that we bought so I don't ruin my running shoes.
Below here is the artistic side of our boards.  Mine is the one on the left and B's is on the right.  My board is called 'The Goddess', because that is what I am.  B's is titled 'The Hills'.  His is a tad bit easier to ride because it is wider, but mine is still fun.
B and I are becoming much more active.  I am loving it.  I have lost some more weight and if we keep up the activities, I should lose even more, unless God has some cruel trick to play on me or I decide to loaf on my couch and keep the McDonald's coming!
B and I are both looking great.  We are both getting excited to get my mountain bike so we can go up the dirt roads of the canyons and B and his friends found a fun little hilly course just east of our condo's.  When we rented me a bike B took me up there and I was too wussy to really do any of the fun parts of the course.  I got halfway through the first one and that was all I dared to do.  Once I get my bike and get comfortable with it I am gonna rock that course.
Well, there is not too much else to say for now.  I hope all is well elsewhere!

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am so impressed with you and Mr. B. You will be svelte by the end of the summer. I must get busy and follow your example. Your longboards are beautiful. Have a great weekend with your sis. I hope you gab and gab and eat and eat and laugh and laugh and laugh!

Hillary said...

Woah! Hold everything. You lost me at longboard.

How on earth do you ride those things? I am truly impressed, right up to my puny little ears.

You and that Raw Chicken will have a blast. I think she is a pleasure.

Also, you are a posting machine. Keep it up.

jill said...

Sounds like you guys have a fun summer planned!!

bebe said...

I know there are some naughty jokes that could be made about this particular post, but I'm going to refrain. Love youse guys!!

Bonnie said...

It sounds like you are having so much fun riding your longboards and bikes. I hope you and your sis have a great time. Good luck on your ride. I can hardly wait to hear how it turns out.