Sunday, June 7, 2009

So Much Darn Fun!!!!

I am so bummed that this weekend is over.  We had a blast!!!
I love my sister so darn much, and this weekend only proved to me that I need to see her more!
I am a dufus and did not take any pictures of the fun we had the first night she was here.
We went and picked up our registration packets and then we went to dinner.
Where did I take her?  Do you really need to ask?  Of course we went to Cafe Sabor, my favorite restaurant!  Raw Chicken ordered a Pink Zebra drink, it was more like a strawberry shake.  Me, I had a Pina Colada.  We both decided to get fun drinks.  Honestly, I think this was the first time Raw Chicken and I have EVER gone to dinner, just the two of us.  We had a ton of fun!
Raw took some photos at dinner, so please, if you are curious, see them at her blog!
The next day was our ride!  I was much smarter and took many pictures!
Below here are our cute faces and not soar bodies, ready and excited to ride!
We are both so cute I can hardly stand it!
The next few pics are just a small taste of the exquisite scenes that we enjoyed on our ride!
Just a reminder, we did 46 miles and had a blast!



Below here, we are about midway through, and still smiling!
Below here, I believe that Raw Chicken was beginning to feel the pain.  Oh no!  We still had about 20 to 25 miles to go, this is not a good sign.
Here Raw is below again, 8 miles left, and she does not look happy!
I don't think I adequately prepared her for what exactly she was taking on.
Sorry sis.
The next two photos below are just a pics of riders ahead of me and behind me.  I got off of my bike to wait for Raw, she is the lead biker in the photo of cyclists coming toward me.



Poor Raw Chicken.  She had just had it.  As she came up toward me we only had about 4 miles left.  Pause the music player and listen to her comments in the short video.



At this point she got off of her bike and sat down for a minute.  She slowly climbed back up to her poor soar feet and convinced herself to get back on her bike.  I told her I would ride behind her as too not lose her  too far back with the other cyclers.  I told her we only had about 4 miles left and she groaned.  We started to cycle.  I kept holding my breaks, and then looked at my computer on my bike that tells me our mileage and our speed.  I chuckled because here we had 4 miles left and poor Raw, pedaling her heart out at this point, was only able to go 4 MPH.  I chuckled because I thought, 'We'll be done in 1 hour!'  I didn't dare say this out loud as I feared it may cause her to start to cry.
After about 5 minutes of 4 MPH hell, Raw Chicken got off of her bike and told me to go ahead, she was just gonna walk.
I hesitated and then thought 'Well if I go ahead, I can get to B and then we can drive back and pick her up.'  I shared this idea with Raw, she was happy of the thought to have B and me come and get her.  I told her if a sag wagon (support car) comes along to let them pick her up and drive her to the end.  She said okay and off I went.
I crossed the finish line and a volunteer that does support work for these races was putting lei's on all the riders.  So I got leid (tee hee) and then picked up a drink.
I then had to get my pic taken with the luau version of the Big Bad Wolf.  Luau was the theme for the ride this year.
After this photo, B and I went to the truck and threw the bike in the back and started on our journey to find Raw Chicken.
While we were driving, Raw called my cell to let us know that she had just crossed the finish line.  She decided that she would be better off riding than walking.
I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!
After we all were together again, Raw just needed to sit and relax, I however found a big ass grass umbrella and had my photo taken.

I like the photo below, it was a fun umbrella.  Oh ya, I dunno why the above paragraph was underlined.  I couldn't get the underlining to stop.
I then coerced B into taking a picture with me by the umbrella.  I love my B.  He told me he was proud of me for the ride.  I am proud of me too!
After all the photos and relaxing at the Wellsville Park, our start and end point, we took Raw out for a birthday lunch.  It is her birthday today.  She spent her birthday weekend with me and I am so happy to have stolen her for her birthday (sorry Astin family to have stolen my sister from you on her B-day weekend).
After lunch we went home and got the stink off of us.
Raw wanted to go into town and see if there were Bakugon and Littlest Pet Shoppe toys for her kids.  What a good mom.  We then got caffeinated soda's to pep us up and went back to my house where Arty and Opera and their adorable daughters were waiting for us.
Sorry we were late guys.
We had a great time.  We ate dinner and put on a cartoon for the girls to watch.  Then we had a fire in our backyard.  We took some more photos.  Below is Raw's eyes, and extreme close-up!

Below here is Opera and her mini-me.  Mini is GORGEOUS!  Both their girls have amazing skin that actually tans in the sun (not the burn, peel, and white again)!
Mini is just finishing her s'more.
Below here is Arty and Raw Chicken, who looks like a dude named Marty from Jersey.
In the corner is Arty and Opera's other daughter Princess.  She sure loves our puppies, and our puppies did much better with these girls than they have done with kids in the past.  I don't think we give our puppies very much credit at times, so here is some credit for them.
Below here were have an action marshmallow toasting photo.  I even got in on the action and made a s'more for myself and ate.  I hate s'mores because they are so darn messy, but what can I say, I got caught up in the moment I guess!
Below B is enjoying the fire that he built.  What a super fella he is.
And the final photo of the weekend fun:  Me and the girls.
I was gonna start out and say that I don't feel that this is a very photogenic picture of me, but I fear that Princess has out shined me here!  Ya gotta love that girl.
This weekend was so much fun.  I am so bummed that it is over.  Thanks for all that came and had a good time.  I love my family so much.
Happy Birthday again to Raw Chicken.
Happy Birthday to B's Momma too.
Two of my favorite people are celebrating their lives today.
Raw I believe is more celebrating that she has one year until the next Little Red Ride that she WILL do with me!
I love you all and hope you all had a great weekend too!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful weekend that you had! I am so glad that you got to spend it with your sis, R.C., and that just the two of you were able to do some things together. I am really proud of RC that she was able to finish the race. It was great that Arty, Opera, and girls were able to come up, too. Thanks for such an interesting post with so many fun pictures.

Hillary said...

I am so in love with you two I can't stand it. What a fun weekend. All except for the 46 freaking miles. That part was insane. But I am proud of you guys too. I would like a s'more but they are indeed, too messy.

consider yourselves "AWESOEME"

Hillary said...

or "AWESOME" if you'd rather.

HA, my word ver was s'perb. but only with out the " ' "

You are s'perb

bebe said...

Thanks again for hosting us. I really appreciate the extra effort and the patience you exhibited having two twerps raid your pad and your pups. I'm already looking forward to the 27th and
28th!! Luvs and Huggies SAISLO

Nickie said...

I miss you too! I had so much fun this weekend & B is right-2 days later the bike ride seems like it was a lot funner. I do want to do this again next year.
I looooove you guys! Come see me real soon!!!
Smooches!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This post almost made me cry. I could feel the love you have for your sister and for Bentley and for your brother and his wife and kids. That's what life is all about--family. Congratulations. I wish I could comment on all your posts but later, okay? I'm dead tired and still have manuscripts for my class to read. And I may even blog. You know me and blogging.

You are the best. I love you.

bebe said...

What a fun, fun posting for a fun, fun weekend. It was so worth it to come up for a moment and see you! (even if Sage was having a temper tantrum for most of the ride up) I'm with you on the over-rain!!! It is nice for those of us who pay a water bill for the lawns, though. My girls slept right through the monsoon downpour when we left your house! They were so tired from all of that fun! You look so cute in your pink bike skirt -btw!
Lova you,
Jen :)

Camille said...

I am so proud of you guys--46 miles--GREAT job!! A friend of mine did the race too. I wish I could have been there to cheer you guys on--I love that kind of stuff.