Monday, November 16, 2009

A Scary Situation!

This is Arnold. He is one VERY sweet pup! He gave me a scare of a lifetime today!
Here is the story.
I got home from work today. I came in and took the dogs outside. We came back in the house and I then decided to take some pizza boxes to the garbage. When I came back in, I snuck up on the dogs and scared them! That was funny. I laughed and I am sure that they were doing the doggy version of laughing. We then all ventured into the kitchen where I got them a doggy treat. They had been good boys while we were at work, so they got a treat.
As they took their treats from my hands, I turned to go upstairs and make our bed when I heard a strange noise come from Arnold. It sounded like he couldn't breathe! :(
I was super scared. Then he tried to scratch at his neck and mouth.
I quickly dropped everything I was holding and slapped him on the back of the head and neck. His treat had been lodged in his throat. The slapping LUCKILY brought it up to the back of his mouth.
I pulled the treat out, and he happily grabbed the slimy treat from my hand and ate it.
I was scared as crap that he was hurt, but happy as crap that I saved him.
I dunno what I would do without that little guy.
I feel very lucky today.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Holy Crap. That scared me too. He was probably getting you back for scaring him earlier. Although, you scaring them is dang funny.

Loves.

Kandice said...

Ringo has done that so many times, I swear the dog doesn't chew his treats! I always have to grab it from the depths of his mouth and as with Arnold, Ringo happily grabs the slimy bone out of my hands and eats it. Silly dogs. I'm so glad Arnold is okay!

Kandice said...

and i miss you.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Holy Crap. Pardon my semi-French. That doggie needs a good talking to. What if you hadn't heard him? I don't wanna think about it. Give him a big hug from me and an extra treat--broken in half.

And then make kissy faces at yourself in the mirror. I don't know why, just do it. And then say the words, "Hey gorgeous." And then eat a boiled egg.

I'm tired.