Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Indio Phi8h

B and I had the greatest time in Indio for the Phish Festival 8. I have some more pictures than what is on this blog on my camera phone, but I cannot up load them from the phone to my blog.
B and I set out to Provo on Tuesday. It was an uneventful drive. We had the car packed to the max and the puppies where with us.
We got to B's parents house at about 9 o'clock PM. B had some home work to get done so he stayed up until 3 AM getting his tests done. This was an issue, as we had planned to leave at 5 AM to head for sunny California.
We left at 9 o'clock AM. It was okay though. We had a great drive even though...
Yep, the picture above is us stuck in Beaver county somewhere, and what you see above is what we saw for about 1/2 hour. No moving. Just sitting in cars and hangin' out. Below, you see a slow action picture out B's side of the windshield.
After driving through all of that we finally made it to some beautiful red rock and the sun was already starting to come out!
Below is another photo of the pretty red rocks!
As things started to get brighter, B began to regret not having sunglasses. He took mine off of my face and improvised:
Looks pretty good.
We spent the night in Barstow from Wednesday to Thursday. It was a pretty rundown pit of a place. Barstow is just not pretty. On our way there though we did pass the worlds largest thermometer, sorry folks, not pics.
We woke at a pretty good time in the morning on Thursday and when we went to load up our car I took a photo of this tree taking a leak.
Pretty impressive, those California trees are pretty darn talented.
From Barstow to Indio it was about a 2 hour drive. Beautiful though. We got to Indio and thought that we would have to wait in a forever long line. No lines. The grounds didn't open until 12:00 PM and we arrived at 10:00 AM, so we had some time to kill. Oh yea, and there was NO line. So the security check people decided to really check the cars extremely thoroughly. They weren't allowing drugs, glass bottles, or people who didn't pay for a ticket.
There were a lot of people who had to return their bottled beers and wines or let those items get confiscated. At any rate, we got through just fine and got our camp set up.
Every morning these were the palm trees just outside our tent.
And again, more palm trees. It was absolutely beautiful.
The venue grounds were beautiful as well. As you walked into the grounds this is what was seen:
Vendor tents and yes, a ferris wheel.
Some nice stranger took a picture of us. Aren't we the cutest lil' hippies ever?
The next four pictures are all of the band. They were amazing and I cannot wait to go to Miami!
Yes they are putting on four shows over new years. We hope to go to all four.



When we got about 2 hours away from Provo yesterday, I looked out the window and this was what I saw:
The moon looked much bigger in person, but I wanted to try to get it in a photo.
We were both happy to be heading home, but sad to not have the festival to look forward to anymore. It was great to see our puppies.
Thank you Liz, Jason, B's Momma and B's Poppa for watching the boys. They love you all so much and I am sure that they miss you like crazy.
On the way home to Smithfield this morning, Gordon decided to ride where my feet would normally go. I brought the blanket up to make him more comfortable.
Doesn't he look so cute?
What fun! I hope I didn't bore you all.
Much love.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I have totally done that with sunglasses!

And furthermore, How on earth did you two find eachother. You are the perfect hippish couple.

I love you guys and all your silly ways.

Kandice said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Who wouldn't love waking up to palm trees everyday, that's why I want to move to Vegas! I agree with Hillary, you guys are perfect for each other.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Now I really feel like I was there, That's how I vacation, on the tales and photos of others.

By the way, you are in major trouble--leaving money for the boys care. We should pay you for teaching Pee-Pee dog to go outside. It will be coming back to you. And we may just keep the dogs in December--they can be our Christmas present.

Bwwahahahahahaha.

Loved the photos but love you more.