Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Weekend of...Fun?

Above you see me and B.
We are a go get 'em, don't miss a thing kind of couple.
We just had a fantastic and luxurious weekend, but aren't they all?
First things first:
We finally set up our butter keeper that we got from Kraut's family for Christmas.
This is a thing that you put your stick butter in and it keeps it soft and spreadable and keeps it from going bad.
Below is a picture of part of it.
This is the inside of the base, you put about and inch of water in there.
Below here you see the top.
In the top you pack the stick of butter.
Below is a picture of the butter keeper put together.
Isn't it cute?
After I packed the butter, I really could not have imagined doing anything more to make the weekend more fantastic.
Butter packing is fun at it's finest!
B and I then began to clean and organize our kitchen.
Below are all pictures of our now organized pantry:


Below here is our newly organized coffee cupboard:
Below is our spice cupboard, also newly organized:
Below is our counter top next to our fridge:
My favorite thing here is my scentsy.  It is pictured up close below. 
If you don't know, a scentsy is a thing that heats up yummy smelling wax and makes your house smell good!
I love it.
We have two.
Below is our second scentsy.
We keep in the bathroom.
I want more like our big green one and like our small brown one, only different colors.
I really do love them!!!
I also finished my sisters afghan!
It was truly a feat!
It is pictured below.
Now I just need to clean it and mail it!
We really did have a super weekend, to take the sarcasm out.
B took me on a date on Saturday night.
We went to Hamiltons.
It is one of the more expensive restaurants in Logan.  We were celebrating Valentines day as I work on the actual day/weekend of Valentines.
We also celebrated 8 years since our first date.
I did have a picture of the leftovers that I brought home, but that picture does not do the goodness of the meal any justice whatsoever.
B and I really had fun doing everything together this weekend.
He really is my best friend and the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I love the big dufus!
We got the dogs a new toy too.
It is a hand puppet with a big fat cat face on it.
We now can bite the dogs back!
Anyway, it is really late (for me) as I have to be to work by five AM, I need to get to bed.
I hope you all had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I hope your butter keeper works. I was all excited about mine--I got it a few years ago. But it's so stinkin' hot here in the summer, that the butter just melted out of the top and plopped in the water. Ugh! I gave up. But I love the idea of the butter keeper and can't give it up. I still have it.

Oh, by the way, I am coveting your scentsy warmers. I've always wanted on too. :)

Oh, and impressive blanket that you crocheted!!

Hillary said...

You two are AWESOME! I covet all those neetly organized kitchen spots. I did my pantry a few weeks ago but it is shabby again. My cupboards too. I also covet your height. I can't have anything I need regular up on the high shelfs cuz I just need a chair to get at them. Darn my pigmy self.

Also, your baby blanket is grand.
Love you, and I love your dufus too.