Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Meeting...

Things at work were tense.
The faces on the nurses were not happy, and this was pre-meeting:

Then the meeting happened.
My approval is seen below:
They have cut our hours.
My hours were left alone.
My shift is 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM starting 2/2/09.
The next shift is 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
The NOC shift is 10:30 PM to 4:00 AM.
One of my co-workers, the upset male seen above, will lose his insurance.  He is only scheduled for 24 hours a week, and at my job you need 28 hours a week to keep your insurance.
After the meeting today I called him and offered him 4 hours a week of mine.  I cannot just sit by and let my co-worker and friend lose his benefits.  Especially because he has a wife and two small children.  I would want someone to do that for me.
In addition to cutting our hours, the man in charge is changing our med system to a system where the pharmacist has pre-pulled all of our meds and placed them in a med-redi-on-time container.
We tried this for a month at our facility already and it was a nightmare.
The pharmacy was rude and the errors were many.
I don't know why he is changing something that is not broken.
I NEED A NEW JOB!!!!!!!
Anyway, all other things are going okay.
I really do love what I do.  I really don't understand why a man who is my boss, and who has never been a nurse, refuses to listen to his employees.
Oh the things I could say about him, but I won't because I am a lady!
Love you guys!

6 comments:

Kandice said...

Oh boy, we will talk tomorrow at work! What is going on with him, I understand making cuts but that's a lot of hours without a nurse there! Also that pre-pulled med thing sucked once and was a mess, why is he doing it again? Seriously!! I need a new job, too. See ya in the morning.

Hillary said...

My, oh my. Your work sounds like a train wreck. You are so nice to offer some hours to that boy. Why don't you get a job right by me in Outter Mongolia? Have I said that before? Hmmm Sorry for the early, early schedule. I love your guts.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Who is minding "the store" for that hour that isn't covered three times a day?

I'm glad your hours weren't cut and you were so nice to give away four hours. What a sweetie. Sorry you have to be up before dawn but maybe you would rather have that schedule than any of the others. You can have a nap in the early afternoon.

Your mad face is cute. Sorry, but it is.

Bonnie said...

I can't believe that you were so nice as to offer him four of your hours. You are one terrific person.

I do hope another job opportunity turns up for you.
But in the meantime, how will you get along on less hours and NO insurance? How about doctors' offices?

Now you understand what your dad went through for decades at Kennecott....They had shop foreman who were not mechanics and told them what to do. But these were just big machines. You are dealing with people's lives! How can they put someone in charge who knows nothing about medicine? This is just scary.

Nickie said...

Sorry about all your woes at work, that totally sucks, but on the up-side, your hair looks fabulous! I totally love it!
And London laughed and laughed at your picture and tried to re-enact it, it was hilarious, I'll have to try to get a picture of her doing that and post it just for you. She thinks you are hilarious.
But seriously, your hair looks soooo cute!
Sorry again about your job, that's totally sweet of you to offer your hours to that guy, he looks like such a nice guy.
Love you sis!

bebe said...

You are just so funny! you always crack me up..even when things are not going your way (sorry 'bout dat), you manage to make light of things. Did you stage these pictures? They are just too perfect.
We lova you and miss you!
Jen :)