Monday, January 12, 2009

What On Earth Are Those?!?

As you look at the image below, and BEFORE you scroll down to see the answer, I want you all to ponder about what these two fantastically crocheted items may be.
Are they Blankets gone wrong?
Perhaps.
Are they the beginnings of a sweater?
Maybe.
Are they leggings with a handle?
Just might be.
Could they be just the arms of a sweater?
You may be getting warmer.
Hmmm.
What the heck are they?
I just dunno.
OH WAIT!!! YES I DO!!!
They are doggie warmers!!!
Above we have Gordon modeling the sweater that I have decided to call Shumway.
Would you or your doggie like a Shumway?
Sorry, can't be replicated.
One of a kind.
Many errors and many perfections, that is why these little gems are so unique.
I can never do the same design twice!
Above we have Arnold.  He is modeling the sweater that I have titled Gershwin.
Take note of the belly strap.
Yes, both sweaters come with a belly strap.
These features keep the sweater from sliding around all over you cute pup.
Above here, you see Gordon, still in his sweater, with a look to his face that I can read:
"What the hell?"

5 comments:

bebe said...

I guessed right! What else could it be? Your kids have as many toys as mine...maybe more! you are awesome! I am excited that you inherited the knitting gene! Karli is showing a great interest in it and I am scared! I tie myself in knots! Perhaps auntie Trish will be able to help her out.
Luva you,
Jen :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I thought they were slippers and was so excited that I thought they might be for me! Oh well, the doggies need warmth too. They look very cute and I am so amazed at your wonderful ability. And your laugh. Which. I. Miss. Waah.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS Thanks for using a "largest" font size for us oldies with the fading eyesight. Wow, I can read.

Bonnie said...

I think it is so great that you crocheted those doggie sweaters for your cute Arnold and Gordon... Cosmo isn't as lucky. I had to buy his because he doesn't have a talented owner like Arnold and Gordon. Cosmo does like wearing his though because he knows it keeps him warmer.Thanks again for the delicious candy. I eat one or two pieces every day.

Hopefully you read what Rich Holdaway wrote about your dad that I posted on my blog on December 31. I think he expressed how we all feel when he said that parting with your dad was like having an amputation. I also hope you saw the cartoon that your dad drew and I posted on Dec. 18. You never wrote any comments about these posts, and I posted both of them just for all of you kids, so I just wanted to make sure you saw them.

Luv you.

The Doves said...

Kramer is cold, I think he needs one. And I think you should set the font on your next blog posting to the very smallest it can go. Just to see what Ma does. She hasn't quite figured out that she could easily go into her tool settings and go to 'font' and adjust the size there for all of her internet browsing desires.