Friday, January 23, 2009

Congratulations To Us!

Hoorray! 
So my sister Raw Chicken had a baby today!  I bet she is gorgeous, and for the first time ever I will say a real name on my blog.  Her parents have named her Aubrey Cristine.  I think I spelled it right.
I haven't talked to Raw Chicken yet, but I am sure I will within the next few days.  Her and her family are gonna be a little bit busy, so I will talk with her when they are ready.
I am so happy for them.  I think that Aubrey, whom we'll now call Baby, is their last child.
At any rate, I have been working on my first afghan, as it is pictured below.  I am making it for Raw Chicken.  She is unaware of this and I was just gonna send it when it was done, but, I needed to have a picture of something to post that was influenced by Baby.
The colors are pale yellow, pink and white.  Because I am so new to crocheting, I picked a very basic pattern to make this afghan with.  I got bored and added a new stitch and this allowed me to weave in the other colors.  It is still a work in progress, and I am sure Raw Chicken will see this blog before she gets the blanket.
Surprise!
I am sure all of the Astin's are very happy tonight as they have a very new addition.
I know I am happy.
On another note, B is sick.
He has a head cold.  As a result he has been snoring way too much at night.  He will fall asleep before me and I will be almost asleep when he will begin to snore and snore. 
I will wiggle or shake the bed to get him to stop, and sometimes this works, most of the time it doesn't.
When the wiggle fails, I then wake him and say "B you are snoring can you switch positions?"
No, I am not heartless, this is actually the method that he prefers.  He doesn't like the wiggle.
So today I broke down and I bought him these:
B was looking at the package and asked "Do you realize you bought large?"
"Yes", I replied.
He then reads the back of the box:
"Small/med fit 75% of all noses, size large fits larger noses."
"Well, you have a big nose," I replied.
We laughed at that description.
I tried to take a picture of that description on the box, but our camera couldn't focus on the words.
I also bought him this:
This is about a buck a pill.
B took a couple pills about two hours ago and I don't think that they are working right.  He is still very congested.  Poor baby boy.
At work these days things are kind of scary.
There is a chance that they will have to shut my building down due to lack of people living there.  I don't want to lose my job, but I understand if it gets shut down.
Not too much else to blog about.
I will post a picture of the afghan once it is done.  I am quite proud of it thus far.
Though I must mention that this new hobby of mine sure makes me feel like I am an 'oldy' (old lady).

7 comments:

Camille said...

Woo hoo for the new baby!!

Bonnie said...

I think that it is so sweet of you to be making an afghan for the new baby. Nickie will treasure it. You are terrific.

By the way, those Breathe Right strips really work! I hope B. feels better soon.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Shut your building down? I'm praying for old people to get older. How's that for support?

Sorry B. is sick. Snoring is an hazard of the males in this family, I'm afraid. His grandpa was a the champion of all champions. We should all strive to be the best at something and he was the best.

The afgahn is lovely. You amaze me on so many levels.

Kandice said...

Yay for the new baby! Your afghan is so cute, you're doing a good job with your new hobby! You're doggies are so dang cute, I love their ears.

Camille said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am very VERY impressed by your crocheting. It's awesome. It makes me want to have a baby just so I can get a homemade blanket from you and bows from raw chicken. (Notice that I am assuming already that it would be a girl and that I am getting fabulous presents.) LOL

Hillary said...

Yippy for your new niece! And the afghan is soo darling.

Get Heed some Afrin 12 hour nose spray. I was against nose spray but tried it once and now I am hooked. All those cold meds don't work for me so the nose spray really helps for a good night sleep (for both of you)

If they close down your building would that mean you move closer? That would be yippy for me.

I should have emailed this to you.

yippy for you and raw chicken. h

bebe said...

Trish you are so Impressive! I am so glad that you are a knitter! We miss you guys!
Luva you,
jen