Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stayed Home Today, Off Tomorrow Too!

So I had the day off today.
I was scheduled to have tomorrow off as my only day off for the week, but I needed today off too.
While I as at home, I got a phone call from my work about the employee of the year meeting.
No, no, I am not the employee of the year, however, I have managed to suffer through 5 grueling long years of work at that place.
Don't get me wrong, there are many things that I love about what I do, but as we all may know, I have not been having the best of times with some of the policies that have been implemented as of late.
So when I got my call personally inviting me to attend this ceremony it is because they are going to give me a pin that says I have done what many have not.
I have been a 5 year sucker!  Ha ha!
Actually it really is nice that they are honoring people for their loyalty.
I also am gonna get a $100.00 gift certificate to somewhere.
Where I dunno yet.
How does this make me feel?
Well:
Happy of course!
It should be very exciting.
Today I spent the day doing laundry and looking up free crochet patterns online.
I found a lot of cute ones!
Tomorrow I am gonna go yarn shop, which does sound super boring.
As a kid I would go with my mom and yes it was super boring, but now that I am the one making crap I think that it is super fun!
There is really not too much else to tell you all about.
I hope all is well with everyone else!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

Okay, your hair totally rocks! I love love love it.
Will you come and organazize my pantry? I do it, but it just gets messy again. I can't keep it together. I think it might be these bums I live with.
muchas smooches!

Bonnie said...

You look so cute with your new hair cut and that afghan that you made is gorgeous. All of the stitches look so uniform and beautiful. You are really gifted at crocheting. Congratulations on sticking it out for 5 years at your work and getting that gift certificate. I think your mom and dad must be so proud of you. I know I am.

I am so happy that you can have so much fun with B. even if it is organizing your cupboards. I am so glad that you have each other.