Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Old Photo for a New Post

Today has been great. I had the day off, well mostly. I had my home health visit, but that was over and done with in like 30 minutes (including drive time).

Our temperature hit 64 degrees today! I got all of the un-snow-covered dog poop cleaned up. I got all of our laundry done. And... I WENT ON A BIKE RIDE! Yeah!

Below here is a photo of my sister and I on last years Little Red Riding Hood bike ride.
She and I rode 46 miles together. We had a blast. We talked today and got ourselves super excited for this years ride! It is on the first weekend in June and we signed up for 80 miles. The bike ride is female only and it raises money for cancer. Last year it focused on breast cancer.

At any rate, B and I got our bikes out tonight after he got home from work and rode. We only went 12 miles and our average speed was 12.74 mph, so I have A LOT to work on. I need to get that average up! Usually by mid season my average is about 16 mph, but I am looking to improve upon that this year!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a crappy weather day up here. Lucky for me I work a 12 hour shift so I won't be missing out on too much! B and I are super excited to be hitting the road lots this year!

Well, in other things, I am crocheting a hippo. He is gonna be cute. But at the moment I am grillin' some steaks, so this post has gotta be short.

Much love to all, and a special love to Taylor who had surgery on his broken ankle today! Hope all went well with that!

3 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

I can't wait until the littlest one is old enough to ride in the back of my bike. My oldest loved riding around with us this past summer. Keep us updated on your bike rides!

Nickie said...

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!! Doobie doobie doobie doo and I think I like it!!
We are so hot in that picture, hot hot hot!
I hope I don't die!
Loves!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

So...lets see those crochet'd animals. We don't need to see the steak because it would be gross by now.

PS Yes, hot. And 12.something miles an hour doesn't sound bad to me. Is it bad?