Monday, March 15, 2010

Elephant Evolution... and a Cow

This is elephant evolution. From left to right you see my first, second, and last elephant. It only took me three times to get the damn pattern down.
Here you have side-view of elephant evolution. My middle elephant looks more like an anteater.
An ugly one.
So below here you have blue. I never did finish him because he was so obviously wrong. He now is a toy for the dogs. The unfortunate thing here is that now whenever I am making an amigurumi pet, the dogs patiently wait at my feet because they think that it might be for them.
Here is Ugly Anteater. I know exactly where I messed up in this pattern. To my credit, the pattern is kind of written poorly in that area.
Now here is a close-up front view of the cutest pocket pal you could ever have. I was so happy when this finally worked.
Just look at how cute he is. In this side view he looks like he is walking... no I didn't do that on purpose.
And now... my cow. It is cute, but I can still see all of my flaws in it. I had a co-worker request a cow, so this is my first attempt. She hasn't seen it yet, but she will see it tomorrow. We will see how she likes it... if she likes it.
Side view of cow. I didn't purposefully make his head turn to the side, it just sort of happened that way.
And now... Life.

Things have been good. Really busy, but really good. I even went jogging on my break from work today! Hooray! I used to do that a lot last year. Today, after I got ready for work, I packed my gym bag and went jogging. Now this really is a big deal. I never jog outside because I fear judgment. I know that the auto's that pass me have people in them that are probably looking out their windows and thinking "look at the cute fat girl... at least she is out there." But finally, mind over matter. I got out there and did it. I am so proud of me!

I knew that if I didn't jog on my break that I would come home and just hang out on the couch and feel guilty for not getting on my treadmill for the couch to 5k program. So, when I work my 12 hour shifts, I get an hour break from 1 to 2 PM on most days. That is how I spent my time.

Today was a busy, typical, Monday for me at work. I am glad it is over. I go back tomorrow for an 8 hour shift. But the other good news here is that I may just be working 12's next month! That is fantastic. I love 3 days a week of work! I LOVE it!

B and I went with our neighbors and saw 'The Crazies' yesterday. It is pretty darn scary. I didn't see the whole thing because when scary movies get intense I either close my eyes and just listen, or plug my ears and just watch... on occasion I will do both. So I saw most of the film, and heard most of it too. It is scary!

In other things... we turned Gordon into a blanket. Isn't he cute?
Well people, I am tired. I know it is not much of a blog, but it is a blog nonetheless. I have missed the blogging world lately! I hope one and all are fine!

Much Love!

4 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

We have missed you too!! I LOVE the cow!! And the elephant! Great Job on the jogging!!

Nickie said...

Nice elephanties! I love the ant eater, he's a cutie, a sort of mutant cutie, but a cutie just the same!
I miss you! Nice job on the jogging, I wish I could do that.
I want to see the crazies, I would probably do the same stuff you did all throughout it though...hee hee.
I love you!!!

Hillary said...

Those pocket pals are delicious. I really love that top heavy anteater. He's special. Plus, that cow should be in a mooovie- he's so cute.

You are super dooper at the exercise business. I am the opposite of super dooper. loves.h

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hey, the cow looks just like Kramer. And that first Elephant...makes me believe in evolution.