Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today, I Fell!

Today B and I went for a mountain bike ride.
B got a demo bike from Al's for me to use.  He also picked up some super cute clip-less mountain biking shoes that are mine all mine.
When we can buy the bike that we are getting for me, it will have pedals on it that require this type of shoe.
Below here is a retarded picture of the demo bike.  B has the bikes locked up outside our house right now so this was the best picture that I could get.
It is a Specialized SumpJumper Elite FSR.  It is a mens bike and it is a little too big, but it is still super fun to ride.
So today was the first time I tried out my new shoes.  I was all clipped in and ready to go.  B told me to ride around in the parking lot and clip in and out of the pedals to make sure that I had the hang of it.
I felt that I did pretty darn good, and I did too.  I didn't fall in the parking lot.
We threw the bikes in the back of the Tundra and drove up the paved rode of Smithfield Canyon.  Once we had parked I hopped on the bike and was ready to go.
We got up the canyon pretty far with no falls.
We then got to a gate.  I thought to myself 'well this is a small path, but it is a way to get around the gate, I bet I can make it.'
I got started up the path, got to the part of the path right next to the gate.
Lost my momentum.
Clipped out my right foot.
Started falling to the left...kept falling to the left...tried clipping out my left foot...kept falling to the left...screamed as I fell.
B was off dinking around and heard me scream.  To him it sounded as though my scream had become muffled, so he thought that I was tumbling down the side of the mountain and into the river.
Nope.
All I can show you is this little left ankle wound:
Extreme close-up photo I know.
By the time B had caught up to me I was sitting on my butt with my bike to the side.
I felt my eyes swell with tears as B sat next to me.  He asked me if I was okay, and I said 'yeah, just my pride is hurt.'  I then wiped my tears from my eyes.
Below here is a picture of my rode biking shoes, just in case you all were wondering what I wear on my other bike. :)
I hope you all have had a very happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Kandice said...

You poor girl! It hurts falling off a bike, now I don't feel so stupid! Hope your okay, btw work's been AWESOME!!:)

Hillary said...

You poor little crumb ball. I hope Heed ran like crazy when he heard your muffled 'tumbling down the mountain' screams. I hope he didn't saunder over like you had said: "hey, look a ladybug"

That is a perfectly acceptable ankle wound. Get the neosporin and a hello kitty bandaid.

Love your guts.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wait, wait. Isn't this the second time you couldn't get your poor little foot out of the pedal? And the second time you fell? And the second time you got a wound? Something should be done about them there shoes.

Hope it is all better now.