Sunday, July 12, 2009

Super Saturday

B and I had one of the best Saturdays we have had in a long time!
We got up yesterday morning at about 9:00 AM.  We got ready for the day and then we went to breakfast at Village Inn.  B got chicken fried steak and eggs, I got the eggs benedict.
We had a super fun time at breakfast.  Just talking like we hadn't seen each other in a while...I love times like those.
After we had breakfast, we went and bummed around town.  First we went to Best Buy.  There wasn't much there to look at.
Then we were off to Staples where we spent an unusual amount of time there, but it was fun nonetheless.
After that it was on to Hobby Lobby.  I finally was able to afford the yarn for Yogurts blanket that I promised her back in like April!  Sorry Yorgurt.  It is gonna be a beauty, if I can decide upon a pattern now!
After that we got my car washed, then we went home.  We played with the puppies and just hung out at home for a while.
As the night wore on the games came out.
We first moved our kitchen table into the living room.
Then we put on the Phish "It" show.  We played Texas Hold 'Em, then Boggle, then Rummikub, as photo'd below!
Below here you see a rare photo of my tiles that B wasn't allowed to see.  This allows opponents to make up strategies to beat one another at the game.
Below here is a photo just to prove that we indeed did move our table out into the living room.  See the carpet?  Ha that is proof!
The dogs just slept, and looked annoyed at the pictures I took of them.

It really doesn't sound like much, but B and I had a great time.  We did end up going grocery shopping at about 10:55 PM.  That was fun.  When we got back we continued our game of Rummikub and watched 'Dan In Real Life'.  I had a photo of that too, but for some reason the blogger wouldn't upload it.
None of our friends really contacted us to do anything with them.  Sometimes I think they don't like us.  B always tells me that I am wrong for feeling this way, and I know that he is right.  I still can't help but feel that way though.  Either way it is okay because B and I are able to entertain one another for hours, that is what happens when two dorks get married.
Honestly though, we really are the best of friends, which is perfect.  We stayed up until 2:00 AM, something I have not done in forever!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Those are some good times. Max and I sometimes remember about going to breakfast alone and to the grocery store late at night. The kiddo's get in the way of that now. I'm not saying they arn't worth it, your business just changes. The kid business is delightful too.

I am so glad you two are best friends. It makes me smile.

Hillary said...

PS> Am I the "Yogurt" who is getting an expensive yarn blanket? I hope so. I had forgotten our talk about my bedroom colors. YIPPEE for me. Get those fingers revved up. I'm ready.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a FUN day. The only way it could have been funner is to have me there. Har har. And fudge. Har har again.

I am so thrilled that you and B found each other. You are perfect together. I wanted the best for him and he got it. I love you like a daughter but didn't have to go through all the teen age angst.

Nickie said...

Love is in the air.
You guys are such cute dorks.
You should come to my house.
Love you!

Bonnie said...

I am so glad that you had such a fun day and the best part is that you both simply enjoy being together. Lucky you!

Nickie said...

Come to my house.