Saturday, July 11, 2009

All Is Well And Safe And Sound

All of my cute lil' residents made it back into the building safe and sound.
The first night back out elevators were still not working, so that was a lot of stair well runnin', but that was ok.
We had to keep about 8 residents at Sunshine Terrace because of their inability to get up or down the stairs, but for the most part, it was a good move to get them back in the building.  We did this move on Wednesday.  When they first decided to move them, I was absolutely upset.
They decided to move them during a very busy dinner-time med pass.  Nobody seemed to care whether or not they would get their meds but me, however, there was so much to do I was only able to medicate one of my 40 residents on time.
I don't think anybody really understood why I was so mad either.  They don't know or really care (it seems) if meds are given or not.
So I threw my fits, then put my head down and got the work done.
Then I apologized to the managers that I threw my fits out and stayed until 9:00 PM getting all the medication delivered.
It was a 15 hour work day.  I was supposed to have the next day off, but I had to go in and help out.  I thought I might only be there for a couple of hours, but it turned into 10.
As of 10:30 PM on Thursday night, everyone was safe and sound in their rooms at Terrace Grove.  So that is good.
I did have yesterday off.  I did laundry and went on a 30 mile bike ride with my friend Winfrey.  She is a darling girl who is going to ride the 111 mile ULCER with B and me on August 8th.  That is gonna be super fun!
Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing super!
OH! And Raw...you could keep me, but I would have to make B and my pups come stay too!

4 comments:

Nickie said...

It's a deal!! 4 for the price of one!!
I'm glad your oldies are safe and sound, hang in there with that drama!
Love you!

Bonnie said...

You are such a good conscientious nurse. Your bosses should realize how lucky they are to have you.

Hillary said...

You're a rockin' employee! I'd hire you in a second. Can you wipe Ruby's bum bum when she poops?

I'm glad your peeps are back in their home. They are lucky to have you. So am I.

bebe said...

Wow! What a rush, huh? As if your job isn't interesting and difficult enough! I guess it makes you appreciate the day to day chaos a little more! Way to go on the meds. @ my g-mas place they blew off giving her her antibiotics 2 night in a row! Super nurses are hard to come-by. You ARE SUPER! Luva you!