Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Blog Break Ends... for now....

I am not quite sure what came over me, but the thought of blogging was just absolutely awful. What have I been doing? Well...

Some bike rides, collecting MS donations, making stuff to sell for MS donations, turned 30, worked, went to Idaho to see my sister (best trip)... split open my right great toe while in Idaho... didn't take ANY photos... made watch bands, worked, adopted a dog from the Human Society... had to take said dog back to Human Society so my dogs wouldn't kill him, started Zumbah, dyed my hair, worked, washed my car, off and on dieted, cleaned, worked, cleaned, worked... really my life has been super boring... perhaps not worth blogging.

I think I have just been in a funk. In the beginning of April was the 2 year mark of my dads death. I have missed him immensely. I have just kind of been 'in and out' if that makes any sense to anyone. Plus, now I am 30. I feel old. I feel like I look old. I don't want to get any older, but I know I will.

In other things, I mentioned that I started Zumbah, and I am not sure if I am spelling it right. In starting this class at the Rec Center, I have found that I have absolutely no rhythm but an absolute passion for shaking my ass and hips. I am sure that I put on a good show. It is a lot of fun. I have finally found a place that offers good aerobics classes that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am absolutely thrilled. Mainly because my treadmill has been getting oh so boring.

My friend Stacey went to the first class with me on Tuesday night. We laughed and laughed but got a really good work out. I went last night and there was not as many women there, and we did the same routine as the night previous... despite having known some of the moves, I still bit it big time... but still had a blast. Tonight we Zumbah again. It really is a blast and I encourage one and all to look into their local Rec Centers for these classes. Yeah, you can buy the dvd's and do them at home, but it is so much more fun to be in a group.

Work has been really nice lately. I really dig my patients. My favorite story of the week:
I was at work on Monday and one of my residents came up to me and it was clear that she had been bitten by one of our pet therapy dogs (define irony right?). She was so sweet, she said to me "I was sitting on the couch and this is what the couch did to me." She had two perfect puncture wounds to her forearm. So I responded "Are you sure that the dog didn't get you?" And she then says "Well, I was sitting on the couch and my arm was hanging low and the dog was there and so was his mouth, but, this happened from the couch." I just started to giggle. I cleaned her arm and dressed the bites and reassured her that every thing would be fine. That the dog, who is really just a teething puppy, will be able to come back after he has had more training. She was so worried that the dog was going to get punished and never come back. I love that she tried to blame her wounds on the couch. She really is a sweetheart. I have some of the best patients in the world.

I have probably lost a lot of followers, but, as I said, I don't know what came over me, I just couldn't bring myself to blog. But here we are, we are back. I will do better at blogging. I hope to promise that to you all.
Much love.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Welcome back!

Kandice said...

Welcome back!! Oh, how I've missed you!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Arg! My whole comment got deleted. Let's see, what did I say. Oh, I thought you were going to bring that dog to me. I think I'm relieved.

Loved the biting couch story. What a sweetie.

We need a private audition of Zumbah.

Trish, your dad was such a unique man. I shall never forget "Take me Out to the Ballgame." He must have given you something to laugh about every day. What a gift that is. I guess that is where you get your fabulous personality. I can't wait to give you a big hug on Saturday!

Hillary said...

Oh my sweet Patty Pants. I love you like I love birthday cake. I haven't blooged much either. My excuse is I haven't done anything blog worthy. You on the other hand, have been intirely too busy to blog.

Also, I was thinking about your dad just the other day. It's so funny that he said "tell your boss you've got a butt rash, and come over" He's a crack up, I tell you.