Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lately...

Things lately have been good, and a bit surprising. About a week ago I received a text from B's Momma. She woke up with zero site in her left eye. She has gone to the doctor and there is no reversing her loss of vision. She will remain blind in her left eye. I have no idea what this would be like. We have gone down and visited her twice and we wish we could do more. B loves his mom very much. He cried when he learned about what had happened to his sweet mom.

Lynne, I know this is hard, but you must know you are loved and are always in our hearts.

I have been sticking with Zumba and loving it. I have heard of other teachers in the valley that teach these classes and I wish I was made of money so that I could try them all out. Rumor has it that the teachers available at Golds Gym (in Cache Valley) are incredible. I am waiting to see if my job will comp part of a membership, if so I just might join... but who knows.

The Belly Fat Cure is good, but I am getting bored with it. I am not sure why I am getting this way, it may be partly due to the fact that I seem to have to replace everything that I already have in my pantry and fridge. Also it is entirely too frustrating to realize the amount of sugar in vegetables and fruits. That part actually pisses me off a bit. I should be able to eat an amount of vegetables that I want without it affecting my sugar gram intake... but nonetheless... it affects it. Fruit I understand, but vegetables? Come on!

This last weekend our neighbors and us went hiking up Smithfield Canyon. It was cloudy and almost 9:00 PM on our first venture, and then it rained on us the next day that we went. I was just proud of us for going, and not letting the rain get in the way. We were going to bring the camera both times, but didn't. We did bring Arnold and Gordon and they loved it. Gordon is quite the little hiker.

Last night B and our neighbors made a ridiculous dish called 'Bacon Explosion'. I don't recommend it, and neither will your cardiologist. It is not the best thing for you. If you don't believe me, just google it. It is awful!

I am still trying to raise B's money for MS tour. There is an active link at the top of my blog on the right-hand side. So if you are feeling like giving, please do so!

Coming up... not this weekend, but next is Little Red Riding Hood. I am so excited for this! My sister will be here and things will be fantastic!

Well this is life in a nutshell. Hope all is well.

5 comments:

Brynn said...

I am so sorry about B's mom's eyesight. That is definetly more scary than waking up deaf, like me.
Good luck on the Red Ride, it sounds fun.

Hillary said...

I'm pretty sure waking up deaf would be worst than loosing eyesight in one eye. I'm just sayin'.

I'm proud of your for your hiking abilities. And not proud of that bacon explosion recipe. Gross.

loves, h

Nickie said...

Poor B's mom, I love her too much, I will have to go visit her blog.
You have some mad skills at bead organization! I'm impressed, I kind of like my zip lock bag method, but that's just me.
Your creamy coffee super smoothie looked amazing! You're quite the gourmet health cook arncha!
I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple days aaaaahhhaaahahahahahhahahah!
That's excitement right there.

Loves!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hey, good luck with the Little Red. You'll have a ball. I don't know what the weather will be like but you're tough. I mean, didn't we have snow like a week ago?

Thanks for all the attention and concern. Trish, I couldn't love you more. You are the bestest.

Stitch B's mouth shut if he wants another of those Bacon Explosions. He doesn't want to have ill health. I don't recommend it.

Love and hugs and everything else that is good.

PS I cooked today for the first time in over a week. I have been in a major funk. And we potted the geraniums. We only take baby steps around here.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I think you could eat way more veggies than he suggests. IMHO which we all know is the ONLY opinion that matters. Ha ha.