Monday, May 17, 2010

A New Diet

So as many of you may know, P90X is a fantastic diet. However, B and I lost our steam with this diet and are now trying something new. B's momma has been doing this diet since January or February and she looks fantastic. I think that they said she has lost 40 pounds. She looks simply amazing. So here is her secret:
After seeing B's momma on mothers day, I was a believer in the diet. I went and found a Borders coupon and then went to Borders and bought the book. I have read quite a bit of the book and am just astounded at how much sugar people eat on a daily basis. B has yet to read the details.

Today is the official start day! I have had my first Belly Fat Cure recipe. It is called Perky Blended Coffee Shake. It is quite good, and quite sweet!

I will most likely be posting recipes from this book on my sidebar. This one is quite fabulous. I already love this diet as it allows for you to have coffee, P90X does not allow for coffee. Jerks.

Below is an aerial photo of my perky shake, and yes that is cocoa powder on top of whipped cream! Can you believe it?
Here is a side view.
I did end up using a protein powder that this book does not recommend due to it containing the wrong kind of sugar. We are poor though and cannot afford to just throw it out. We will use up our EAS whey protein and then buy Jay Robb protein powder that the book highly promotes. The shake was still fabulous though!

When B comes home for lunch break we are going to make another yummy recipe from the book. I am really excited. I need to drop some weight fast so that I am not carrying all of these pounds on my bike rides. They are coming up fast!

Little Red Riding Hood is the first weekend in June. I can hardly wait. Not only am I happy to be riding, but I am super excited to have my sister come down. She is going to stay with us for almost a week! I just can't wait! She is the best!

The last weekend in June is the MS tour! I have successfully collected all of my donations, but now I am trying to get B's donations. He is still at zero $$$. I have updated my link on the top right of the my blog to have donations for B.
PLEASE donate if you can! I understand if you can't (believe me... we po'), but if you are able we would be grateful!

In other things, I am now showing you my beads.
When I had gone to Idaho in April to see my sister, she got me addicted to beading. Here are two of the watchbands I made for myself while there. I also made 2 for B's mom and my sister made one for Yogurt Flavored for me to give her for her birthday. They all turned out so cute!
My sis also made a beautiful band for B's momma. Yeah, we kind of like those two.
Below here are 2 watches my sister made for me for my birthday back in March. She is very good at making these suckers.
Well, this is my life as of now. B is great and wonderful. He puts up with me and my crabby moods, and let me tell you, I sure tried his patience last night! I love that boy though. He is great.

I hope one and all are wonderful! Much love.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hey, I saw a Zumba infomercial. If I had the money I would so get that for you for your (late) birthday. It looked sooo fun. I'd get one for me too. We could have fun and get fit at the same time, long distance.

Good luck with the diet. It works. I lost four pounds every week. I need to start again.

Everyone loves my watches! I tell them my darling daughter-in-law made them and they are all jealous, which is only fitting.

Coffee is overrated. Water's where its at. But it sure looks good! Good luck, Trish. I know you will knock those pounds off in a month. All of them!

Hillary said...

Personallly, I prefer Mt DEW to water or coffee. Not That I've ever tried one of those. I'm just so righteous. :) :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my watch still. I wear it, but forget it actually tells time? I still look at my phone for the time mostly. I'm sometimes a ding a ling.

Good luck with the Belly Fat cure, Mom gave me one of those books in exchange for some hair stuff. I haven't tried anything in it yet, but it all looks good. I keep flipping through the book saying "I'd eat that" cuz it all looks yummy.