Sunday, August 2, 2009

This Coming Weekend!!!

B and I can hardly wait. This coming weekend he and I and my friend Winfrey are going to do the ULCER ride around Utah lake! 111 miles of complete agony and fun! Just kidding about the agony part. We are really gonna have a good time though.
Me and B had decided to ride last year, but then B strained his back and didn't feel as if it was a good idea to ride. So Delaware and I did the ride, only 36 miles though. That was a good day.
This weekend is gonna be a blast though. I do worry about Winfrey, she is riding my commuter bike and I am not convinced that it is gonna be the most comfortable ride for her. This is the same bike that Raw rode for the Red Riding Hood, and she was in pain by mile 25.
Winfrey and I did do a 30 mile ride not too long ago and she seemed to do fine then so we shall see.
Today B is going to put the hitch on the Lexus and I am going to crochet and make things. We are gonna ride bikes sometime today as well, but we need to get the hitch on first.
We just got all the bikes tuned up yesterday in order to get them ready for the big ride coming up! I really cannot wait. This is going to be the first time B and I have ridden a ride like this one together. He and did the MS tour last year, but he rode with my brother and I rode with my sister in law. That was a great ride.
In other news... well there is no other news. We are pretty boring up here in good ol' Smittyfield!
Love you all.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

You are by far less boring than ME. We didn't even do anthing on the 4th of JULY! OH wait, thats not true, we took all our oodles of cardboard to recycle. We are party La-oo-zers.

I am sure happy you like to ride. And that you two love to do strange and streneous things. I'm pretty sure I have forgotten how to ride a bike since I haven't ridden one for maybe 20 years. Don't even think I'm kidding.

Doesn't your bum get sore? Is that how you spell "sore"?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Take a pillow for your friend's rear end. I'll bet it would get her photo in the paper.

You're never boring. You laugh more on depressed days than most people do on good ones.

I miss you. See you Friday!

bebe said...

Best to you on the ride! you guys are awesome! I can't wait to hear about it. We love you. We are sorry that you will not be able to join us on Sat. for dinner and such. We'll miss you.:( Jen :)

Bonnie said...

Good luck on your bike ride. I am amazed and impressed that you are going to ride 111 miles!

Nickie said...

Good luck on the bike ride! I hope your legs don't die! Oh, they won't we are talking about you not me.
I loooooove the wedding pictures on that post down there a little ways. You were seriously like the prettiest bride ever.
I miss you, you should come to my house. I like your mountain bike too, and that pic of B just smiling away with his helmet on, too too cute.
I love you, you should come to my house. Aubrey wants to meet you.
I love you sis!