Sunday, August 23, 2009

Poor Little Wounded Soul

Poor little Arnold had a really bad day yesterday. I buckled and gave B all of his birthday presents yesterday and we spent most of the afternoon returning some of his gifts.
Before we left, the dogs were both fine. Just happy little furry entities bumping around the house. B and I loaded up the car and left around 2:00 PM. We returned around 4:00 PM. When we got home, Arnold had a noticeable limp and he kept raising his back leg as to not put any weight on his paw.
I was worried, I brought him in a told B. B looked really close at his paw and tried to find a sticker or a stinger or something. Nothing was there. So we looked up our vet and... they were already closed. So we found the only open vet, about 10 minutes away (North Cache Vet) and we loaded him up and took him in.
They had to shave his paw to make sure there was nothing in there:
They mentioned that he could have a possible fracture, and his one toe is slightly larger than the others.
They also said that his back right knee has a torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). Luckily with most small dogs they say that with some anti-inflammatory medicine the ACL will just scar right back up and the dog will be fine without surgery. The anti-inflammatory should also help with his toe if it is indeed just soft tissue damage and not a fracture. So for the next two weeks Arnold gets this medicine:
Neither B or myself thinks that he has fractured anything in his foot as he is bearing weight very well now and seems to be doing much better. We spent about $60.00 on him yesterday. He is worth every penny! Just look at my cute lil' wounded baby:
I am so glad we were able to get him some help!
Thank you North Cache Vet!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Don't give early b-day presents to ungrateful people. That being said, People who want to return half of the gifts his wife buys him for his birthday should not get any presents next year. You big softy.

And also, bless Arnolds little paw and other wounded parts.

Kandice said...

Poor guy! We take our animals to North Cache, they're really good, I think. I'm glad he's feeling better...and already returning presents from his wife, how rude!:)

Bonnie said...

I am so sorry that your poor puppy is hurt, but you are great dog owners and I know that you will do everything possible to make him feel better. Your dogs are so lucky to be owned by you two.

By the way, why don't you both read the post on my blog tomorrow. I have it set that it will not post until 12:01 AM on Monday.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Poor baby. I'm glad it happened now and not on Halloween because we would be horrible parents and wouldn't know what to do. It sounds like he is already feeling a bit better.

bebe said...

What do those nephews of mine do when you guys are not home? Makes you wonder... Luva you, Jen

bebe said...

P.S. Let me know when I can get a copy of the "hair shorts" calendar for 2010!