Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hair Shorts, Pee Pee, and Hats!

Things have been pretty good lately. Work has been busy and I have been surrounded by drama queens and kings! Oh well, drama is sometimes inevitable.
Things have been wonderful at home. B is the best! He spent his weekend doing home projects and cleaning/laundry... what a guy!
B is also the reason that the words 'hair shorts' made it in my title. He has recently began shaving his legs, as any true cyclist would do, however, he stops mid thigh. It is hilarious! He literally has hair shorts. I think you all understand why there is no visual here. Oh I love him to death.
The other night Arnold pee'd on his gigantic head/face. It was a complete accident though. Gordon was up on the bed cuddling between B and I, and Arnold was all by his lonely on the foot of the bed. I reached down and grabbed him, and I think I startled him.
He started peeing, and I didn't know until I had him mid air, at which point his pee began flying at B's head. All of the sudden I heard a panic from B "Aaaa!, Aaaa!, Aaaa! What is that?!?" Each little 'Aaaa' was separated by about 2 seconds. I look at Arnold just in time to see the final stream shoot from his wee. We got up and I changed the bedding while B took the boys outside again. I felt bad, but B started laughing, so I started laughing. Arnold thought he was in trouble.
He wasn't.
It was my fault entirely. Pretty funny.
Okay one and all... it is time to let me know if you think I will be pricing these items right.
I am going to be selling beanie hats at the Phish Festival in October and I want to know if you think I am over shooting my prices or if they are right.
Below is a picture of all of my hats thus far. Pinkie and Red are not for sale, but I will be using those patterns for others that will be for sale.
The hats below are harder patterns, and thicker hats. I am going to price them for $10.00.
The pink one shown below is for me. I love it. It looks super cute on. The red one I have actually made an error on and it is huge (ALWAYS count your stitches). B loves it though and it's cute on him, it should have looked like the blue one below it.
This is what the top of the blue hat looks like (above the pink hat in photo above).
And this is a side view of the blue hat from above. It is super cute!
The two hats below are my absolute favorites and they are in the $10.00 category.
These two hats below are super cute still, but they don't take much yarn, or time. They are in the $5.00 category. The green one is actually B's and he wore it last winter. He said it was nice and warm.
These next two hats are super cute, super easy, and I don't know how much to price them for. I don't think they are $10.00 but I also don't think they are $5.00. I thinking more like $7.00.
I dunno though. Let me know!
I have really been having a blast making them. If a family member would like a hat, I am not charging you guys... because I love you all so much. I am not charging my good friends either, again because I adore my friends. But strangers at the Phish Fest... now they gotta pay!
I hope you guys are all doing well, and PLEASE let me know what you think.
Any hats that don't sell will most likely end up as Christmas presents, or Raw may get them for her business. And yes Raw, you are getting all of these patterns!

5 comments:

Kandice said...

I love those hats, I really like the pattern on the red and pink ones. Those prices sound good to me. I heard there was some drama at work, can't wait to see you on Friday so we can chat about it. Josh would have freaked out it one of our dogs peed on his head, accident or not!

Hillary said...

I about peed in MY pants reading about the PeeP on Heed's heed! It is almost as funny as Alz and the glass window. I'm glad Heed wasn't mad, I would have been TicKED-but I am not as easy going about pee on my head I guess.

I think you should sell all your hats for one price ( the $10 price). That way those Phissy people can just choose by color and not by price. THe END

Bonnie said...

I also think $5.00 is too cheap to sell a hand crocheted hat. I am going to send your blog link to a lady who sells crocheted things on the web and also ebay all of the time. I will ask her to tell me if your prices are too low. How much does the yarn cost to make each hat? If the yarn amount is the same, then you need to figure out if some hats take you a lot longer. I agree with Hillary--just average the price out and charge the same price for them all. It would simplify the selling immensely. Personally, I think $10.00 sounds great.

bebe said...

I love pee stories! How funny! The hats are great! They seem very reasonable...are you sure you are charging enough for your time? We hope you don't sell all of them so we can wear one! They are fun! What is Nickie's business? Luva you, jen

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm so flippin' tired, I wasn't going to check any blogs tonight--or last night either--or who knows when--last night I went to bed at 9:00. Yes, me in bed at nine and I slept until 8:00. So, I'm flipping through the list of people who blogged and there is a LIST, I'm telling you and I saw the word "Hair Shorts," and I breeze right by and then it hits me. Hair shorts? So, you are the only person I'm commenting on. Because, I'm dead tired but how can you let a title like "Hair Shorts" and then "Pee Pee" and then darling photos of hats go by.

I agree with Hillary. Charge one price. My favorite is actually the one B wore last winter and you said it was easy, but maybe I just like the yarn color. Who knows. Ten bucks, easy. Unless they don't sell. And then I'm wrong. I hope you get cold weather and then they will sell for sure.

I'm amazed at B's patience. He outshines me and I thought I was the most patient person on the planet. My opinion of him went up ten points.

Hey, what business does Raw Chicken have? Is it an online one?

Okay, I'm going to bed now, no other blogs checked.

The word verification is "pregr." Hummmmm.