Sunday, June 29, 2008

WAY TO GO ALL OF US!!!

So recently:

This weekend was the MS bike tour.  What an absolutely perfect weekend and ride.
Arty and B rode 100 miles with one of Arty's friends and 'older brother', whom we'll call Senior Fitness, just for fun.  Senior Fitness is only 53, but he looks like he is maybe 40 years old.  He is in great shape and participates in Utah sporting events all throughout the state (I think).  He has been a fantastic friend to my older brother Arty for a little more than 20 years.  I am so glad that Arty has Senior Fitness in his life.  Overall though, WAY TO TO GO GUYS!  They did so great on their ride.  They spent approximately 7 hours on their bikes and took about 1 and 1/2 hours worth of breaks/stops along their ride.

Opera and I rode the 40 mile ride together.  We had an absolute blast.  Opera had a pump attached to her bike that would click against her pedal each time she pedaled.  She finally removed the pump because it was both threatening to fall her bike and it was super annoying.
We started around 7:30 AM and crossed the finish line at about 11:30 AM.  B, Arty and Senior Fitness crossed the finish line around 4:30 PM.  I am so proud of B.

Delaware and Alaska rode the 75 mile ride and they did a fantastic job as well.  Opera and I were not there when they crossed the finish line, but I believe they crossed over at about 2:45 PM.  Poor little Alaska got thrown off of her bike as she rode over some railroad tracks.  She really got banged up.  I fear that she fractured her shoulder.  However, Alaska knows how to hang tough and still got on her bike and finished the ride.  As Alaska rose to get back on her bike, she and Delaware watched 3 other riders fall at the same spot.  An MS volunteer was then placed there to warn other riders about the tracks.

Between the six of us I believe we raised close to or a little more than $2000.00.  Way to go us.  We will be riding again next year.  Next year I too will be more aggressive with getting the complete donation minimum for both B and me.  Oh yes we will ride, and oh yes we will help raise the money for a very good cause.

Pretty soon I hope to have some pictures from the ride posted on my blog.  However, it will be a little while, Arty and Opera, and Alaska and Delaware were the picture takers and I will have to get them from them, until then I am sure they will post the pictures on their blogs, which are accessible on my blog.

WHAT A PERFECT WEEKEND!
Raw Chicken and Murse:  you both must ride with us all next year.  We will have a blast.

3 comments:

bebe said...

Oh heavens yes!! WAY TO GO US!! What an absolutely perfect couple of days - with the exception of Angies crash. Thanks again for your hospitality and all of your efforts to make the weekend so successful. You and B rock!! We must go out again...SOON!! Love you guys!! Arty and Opera

Bonnie said...

It is totally terrific that your little group raised over $2000. Way to go!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

ANOTHER ONE I missed?

I really, really, REALLY think I commented on this because I was so proud of all of you. I think the Internet gremlins removed it because they were so jealous of your wonderfulness and style and beauty--sweaty beauty but hey, they're jealous of beauty wherever they see it. Anyway, I am so proud of the whole lot of you.

If I were the kind to high five someone I'd high five you. Consider yourself low fived, in the imagination mode, behind the shed, next to the axe. With dilly beans.

BTW the beans are growing.