Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Wonderful People who are GREAT Friends!

This weekend was very memorable. We had a great time. On Friday, we hung out with Brett and Stacey. We ate dinner and that was about it. Called it a night after dinner.

On Saturday B and I were worthless. I got up and did my visit and then I came home. We just watched programs all day. We drove into town once, and then came home and fiddled with the watering device in our front bushes. After that we watched a movie called 'Adventureland'. I loved it. It was pretty darn funny.

Sunday was absolutely wonderful. We reconnected with our friends Bryan and Stacy Hansen. We haven't seen them since like 2007. It was so nice to reconnect. They are the type of friends where, even though 3 years had passed, we took up right where we left off, as if only a week had passed.

We had lunch at The Beehive Grill. It is actually owned by the Moab Brewery and should have been called that as well, but the owners understand that Cache Valley citizens would most likely not support a business with the word 'brewery' in it.
(I learned that fun fact today!)
We didn't take photos in the restaurant as we were eating, drinking and catching up. It was so nice to see them. They have a 2 month old baby girl named Ada. I feel like she looks just like her dad. She and Bryan have the same eyes, in my opinion. B says, 'she looks just like a baby'. He is so funny. I love that man.

Below is a great photo of me lovin' on Ada. When I finally got the guts to hold her, she was a little cranky, but still adorable nonetheless.
She eventually warmed up to me and we snapped this photo that I didn't rotate before blogging. I even got her smilin' a little bit... okay, it was probably Stacy who got her to smile. She is a doll!
Then B got the guts to hold her and just look at how cute they are!
AND... he liked holding her too! That smile is proof positive of him liking it!
We wanted a photo of all of us together, so we tried out our timer. In this first pic, there was no flash due to the windows behind us. Oh... and my big fat head got in B's way. He mentioned this as we were waiting for the timer. We all laughed and laughed!
Take two... better, but still awkward.
Our neighbor Stacey (of Brett and Stacey) was kind enough to come over and take this much better photo of all of us!
Stacy and Bryan, we had a wonderful time with you guys and cannot wait to see you again!
We love you guys!

After they left, Stacey (neighbor) stayed and we watched 'To Catch a Predator' that show on MSNBC. Those guys are creepy! That was fun.

Today has been interesting. It started out just fine. I got up and went to work my 12 hour shift. All was well until about 11:00. My kidneys started to ache and I started to chill, no fever though. I went home early and have had a pain pill and a heating pad on and am feeling much better, but that was really odd. I am sure that I am fine... but I thought I would tell you my odd illness.

Things are great... hope they are great with everyone else!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I loooooooooooove that picture!!!
I want to see you so bad, I miss you way too much.
LOVE YOU

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You better see a doctor. Sharee had a kidney infection sometime back and it was a bear to get rid of. Don't be sorry, be pro-active. That baby is very cute and you are so cute entertaining her. Yes, B. is cute too. Can't leave him out.

Hillary said...

Are you two warming up so you can hold my baby when it comes? Your friends and their baby are DARLING. What the heck is that girl looking so great 2 months after having a baby?

I would eat at a Brewery resturant, I would tell them "hey, brew me up some chicken"

Glad you had such a great weekend. It's also good that you took pictures this time.