Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday!

August 24th was a great day. We celebrated two birthdays: B's and Gordon's. We had a lot of fun. I went and did my home health visit. When I got home, I wrapped B's presents and set them up on the counter... no... I didn't take a photo... but you will not be let down... this post is still full of photos!

The dogs had hair cut's scheduled and just look at how handsome they are!
While the dogs were at their appointment, B and I ran some errands. This included going to USU and getting me set up for fall semester. We now just need to scrounge up tuition money. It is such a good feeling to be getting my degree done!

After that, we picked up the pups and went home. We did some laundry and B did some boring office work. We were just killin' time until our neighbors Brett and Stacey got home. They were at work and we wanted to go to dinner with them. Once they got home the adventure began.

Below is a photo I took of B once we got in the car. Girls ride up front and boys in the back. I thought this photo was funny!
We then just started to take photos of random people. Though the photo below may look innocent and random, there is a funny story.
The people in the car are strangers to us. They didn't notice us until the flash of the camera. We were all laughing, and then Stacey noticed that the dude in the back was angry and mouthed the phrase "what is wrong with you guys?" at her in an angry/mad face.
This made us laugh more, which in turn upset them more. Oh well.

The photo below is of Brent, a Cache Valley cycling icon. He is mentally challenged, but very accomplished and independent. He worked at USU for about 30 years and can still be seen riding his bike, all throughout the valley, ALL year long. We like Brent. He was the torch bearer in 2002 when the Olympic torch came through Logan. Brent makes your day when he honks his bike horn, smiles and waves at you.
And now... the birthday dinner!

We went to Happy Sushi. It is yummy and expensive... but most importantly... yummy.
Below is the Sake we ordered. How cute are those little cups and that little poorer?
Here we all are, so happy!
Here is our pretty sushi! All of it was fantastic, and that even includes the yellow tail (chef's choice) and the albacore tuna that are on the far right. That is considered the real sushi, not in a roll. I was apprehensive to try it at first, but it was indeed good. The tuna had more flavor. ALL of the rolls were fantastic!
Below here is the noodles we ordered and split. They were super good as well! (Super Good!)
The after dinner photos start now! Below is B and Brett. I just love those guys!
We stopped at Sweetly Divine (a pastry shop) to get dessert on the way home. Below is the cannoli's. I love those, and that is what I got. The finger belongs to Brett.
This is just a view of some of the many divine treats you can eat at this yummy shop. They are super good! Right Hillary?... Super Good!
On the way home B decided to take a photo of my head.
I then turned and smiled at the camera. Not my best photo, but good enough!
The birthday was fabulous. We had a blast. Our friends Brett and Stacey really are some of the best friends we have. It is so nice to have such wonderful people to share your life with. I just love them!

Now, onto today. I went to work (of course). I worked 13 hours today. After clocking out, I went to the gym and did Zumba! Stacey came with me. We had a lot of fun. I have noticed though, my skin on the underside of my foot is having a hard time toughening up.
I have literally danced my skin off!
Totally worth it!

Hope all is well with one and all!

5 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

Good to see you are still alive!! LOL. Glad to hear B had a great birthday. The sushi looked great and I love your hair!!

Nickie said...

Okay that picture of the fish was disgusting! And I love that you take pictures of bacon, what is wrong with you? Whatever it is I like it don't change a thing.
Your poor little feet, let them take a little rest miss Nursey Nurse.
Your sushi night looked amazing, I want to go there with you next time I come. It literally made my mouth water. slurp
I love you and I love talking with you, I love the dinosaur you made, I want to make one!!!
xoxoxox

Kandice said...

Happy Belated Birthday B! I'm glad you guys had such a great night! Who doesn't love Brent?!:) I love Zumba! And I love you!:)

Hillary said...

It would be VERY save to say that those pastries are SUPER GOOD. PLus that picture of your face that Heed took is SUPER GOOD as well.

I would be happy to give you some of my crusty feet skins for your Zumba class. I have plenty to spare.

Happy b-day Heed. I can think of at least 2 better places to go eat instead of NOT cooked fishies. That's just gross.

Loves hill

Aimee said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! BTW....You look beautiful:o)