Monday, September 28, 2009

Still Working...

I am finally catching up.
First off the trip to Idaho was absolutely fantastic. Way too short though!
We didn't take one picture, which is kind of stupid, but we were just so busy.
I love my sis and her family so much!
We did all kinds of girly things including making these Halloween signs:
Yes I designed the chaotic one above, I have not got the greatest talent when it comes to crafts like these. Raw made the one below. She has a vinyl cutter thingy and I like it a lot.
However, the vinyl is not sticking very well to my sign below, any ideas on how to fix it would be appreciated.
The time in Idaho absolutely flew by way too fast. We crocheted and I would like to think that I helped Raw figure some stuff out, but I dunno that I am that great of a teacher, I may have just frustrated her. I made E the coolest hat while I was there too.
Raw and I went to dinner together at The Cheesecake Factory. That was fun. I called B the night we went and told him that we ate there. B asked me "what are they famous for?" To which I replied... cheesecake.
He is so funny, he meant what kind of dinners they serve, but I couldn't resist.
Raw, Rambo and I spent nights killing zombies. It was just a lot of fun. I am so happy that we all had such a good time. I miss them all a great deal and I wish I could go and spend a week.
I would love to be their neighbor.
Raw and I stayed up until 3:30 or 4:00 AM on the last night I was there. It was just like good ol' times, except we weren't interrupted by Mom telling us we both had the IQ of a peanut!
Thank you Raw and Family for a fabulous time!
In other crafty things, below is a picture of my Halloween blanket thus far:
It is taking me forever to do. I just need to dedicate myself to the project more.
Below is a picture of the pumpkin appliques that I will be putting on some of the black squares of the blanket. In this picture they look like two orange breasts with green hair.
They will look much better on the blanket... I hope.
Below here are some of the latest hair bands I am making and will be sending up to Raw for her to put bows on for her business. I think they are cute and I think they are the right size, I don't have a baby to try them out on.
I am making them with a sock yarn that is stretchy after the stitches are crocheted. This color is called 'green envy'. I think it is very cute!
Below here is a sideways picture of some of my latest hats. The brighter green ones are made with a 'homespun' yarn by Lions Brand and they are amazingly soft and warm! I believe one of them is going to my friend for Christmas. She will look like a total babe in it!
The olive green hat is super big, which seems to be a running theme for me.
In other news, I decided to not take the other job, plus I may not have entirely been offered it as I thought I was. I could have sworn they said I would start training on the 24th but I was never called and told where to go for training... but that is okay.
Now that I am back to 5 days a week and every other weekend at my work, I don't really want to dedicate my time off to another job. I really do feel good about not taking the job.
Here is sweet Arnold.
And here is sweet Gordon.
I felt like they needed to be on the blog today.
This last weekend we played The Beatles Rock Band at our neighbors. That was a lot of fun.
We have some of the best neighbors in the world.
I am so glad that we are good friends.
B and I made dinner for them on Saturday, they made dessert and we played cards and Halo. It was a lot of fun. I know we are not moving for a year or so, but I am going to miss them.
This is a shortened version of the latest and greatest.
I hope everyone is doing well, you are all in my thoughts, always.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is the best blog of all the blogs. love you foxxy lady.

Kandice said...

I miss you so much! I'm sorry that other job didn't work out for you but you're right, you already work enough you don't need to dedicate your days off to another job. Your blanket is coming along so well, it'll look fantastic (as you would say:)) when you are done with it. The Beatles Rock Band is fun but I don't think they put enough songs on it then it's stupid you have to pay for more songs. I'm glad you had such a good weekend with your sister. Love you and miss you!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a prefect post. You had a bit of everything. I'm glad you aren't going to be working your little buns off. The money would be nice but the buns?

I'm glad you and skinned chicken had such a good time. Up until 4:00 am? And I love your Mom's saying. I probably need to steal it so it can be kept alive all over the place. I wish I had known her.

The head bands are darling. The blanket is also. The pumpkins look like those scrubbie things that I am trying to learn to make. I've made two and they look funny but they work.

The doggies look happy and good.

Hillary said...

Boo, I wish I lived by your sis too and then you could be both our neighbors. Is it silly to want to steal you from your own flesh and blood?

LOVE all the catching up. You are the best at catching up posts. I didn't think you pumpkins looks like boobs but only because they're orange, and maybe I have no imagination.

I'm glad you tease Heed. He deserves whatever he gets. He's such a disher outter.

loveyou. bye.

Hillary said...

PS Your signs are u-g-l-y. You should surely give them to me ;)

Also, I am not the crafty type either but maybe if you put a coat of MATTE Modge podge on them the vinyl would stick.

The end

The Gentry's said...

I thought of you when Beetles rock band came out. I remember sitting in your bedroom listening to them and every other song on your stereo.
For the vinyl, I bet modge podge would work to keep it down.

jill said...

Did you make those pumpkin applique things too? they are so cute!