Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stuff

I finished the throw I was working on.  That was good.
I decided to take a picture of the final project.
I laid the throw over the back of our love seat (that still only one family member has come to see).
I got the camera ready.
As I went to click the picture, a little friend jumped up with a bit of a scowl.
I think maybe he was mad that the picture was not only of him.
I attempted another picture.
Our friend came back and stayed for a while.
If anything, he only makes my throw look cuter.
Below here is was I thought would be the beginning of another project.
After completing this chain, I successfully created row #1.
Row #2 I know I did wrong.
I cannot figure out the instructions.
So instead, I have made a couple more dog sweaters.
My neighbor is going to be the representative for a party that I am hosting for ladies only.
She has a cute lil' 4 lb. yorkie named Zoey.
She saw me outside one day and I showed her my dogs in the sweaters that I had made them.
These lil' dog sweaters should be a small 'thank you' to her from me for being a representative at the party.
I attended one of her parties last weekend.  It was very fun and very hilarious.
It obviously inspired me to host one.
I am super excited!
Yesterday I worked the longest day I have worked in a very long time.
I dunno what is going on, but lately at my work it seems like everyone thinks that it is really cool to catch the latest virus or bacteria and then share it with everyone at Terrace Grove.
EVERYONE seems to be sick, patients and co-workers.
The nurse that was supposed to work the evening shift last night called in and sounded horrible.
Nobody was able to work for her so I told my boss that I could stay and work a double if absolutely necessary.  I clocked in at 5:00 AM yesterday morning and did not clock out until 9:30 PM last night.  I had the day off today, and my boss got my Friday shift covered too!
I now have a 4 day weekend!!! Yahoo!
Well now I guess that since today is pretty much over, I have a three day weekend!
Still it is nice to have time off.
Today I did not do much.
I belted out two dog sweaters.  I am not sure if they are even gonna fit her puppy but they are simple to make.  So basically I just relaxed today.
So nice to do nothing after a LONG day chuck full of tons to do.
Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone.
We love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I am nervous about the Ladies only party. Sounds dirty.

How great you have 4 days off. I am going to tackle Max about coming up to visit and maybe I'll actually call and work something out with you people. I want to be a couch see-er too.

Sounds like you are turning into a nice old lady with all that yarn. Keep up the good work.

The Gentry's said...

Looking good! Your becoming a pro at making afgans!

bebe said...

I really like your new blog look! I'm so boring. Do you realize how many years it would take me to knit something and how ugly it would look when I was finished? Your puppy pictures are delightful! Give them a lick for me!
☺ Jen