Monday, March 9, 2009

The New Wall

Over the weekend, B and I finished painting our living room.  We originally did not paint the walls where our bay windows are, and we regretted it.
So this weekend they went from white to tan.
I love it!  It looks so nice.  In the photo below, I don't feel that I was able to adequately capture how good they actually look, but here is the photo anyway!
Below here is just a random picture of Arnold.
Isn't he a cutie?!?
OH MY HECK TODAY THE SNOW ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!!!!
Here is a picture of the snow, look at the accumulation on the car port!
Wowee!
Below here is another picture to kind of depict the falling snow.
The picture below is our portable fire pit.
It too accumulated A LOT of snow.
Our back yard seemed to get much more because of the wind.
This morning at about 4:30 AM when I first took the dogs out, the wind had blown the accumulated snow up against our door.  As soon as I opened the door, a ton of snow came in and spilled all over our kitchen floor.
Oye vey! (sp?)
What a crazy, snowy day!
Work was also just busy busy busy!!!!
I never stopped.
I brought slimfast to drink for lunch and never had a chance to even drink it.
I clocked in on time and clocked out about 1/2 hour late.
It made for a quick day, but oh my gosh!  I guess it is better to busy then to be bored!
I hope you all got dumped on by the snow as much, if not more, than we did.
Misery does love company!!!
:)

5 comments:

Kandice said...

Your wall looks great!! I love fresh paint. Your puppies are so dang cute! Oh and I hate the snow, I'm so over it!!

Hillary said...

sista' you don't know wind.

We had a FOR SALE sign in our yard, sent by the wind. It got TORN from it's sign post! I guess Mr. Wind thought it was time for us to sale.

We are just now (5pm) getting hit with the snow. So happy day for me and my shovel.

Your wall is super. I love bay window painting. Maybe I'll do mine.

Bonnie said...

You guys have been ambitious. Painting walls, crocheting afghans, baking cookies etc. By the way, I saw the gorgeous afghan you crocheted for Aubrey. It was incredible. It looked like a professional made it. You really have a gift for crocheting and you make things so fast. I am so impressed with you. I sent you an early birthday present yesterday, but the guy who helped me was so strange. He wrote my phone number down for yours and then didn't change it when I told him, so I hope you get the package okay, Let me know.

Bonnie said...

P.S. We were lucky and didn't get as much snow as you did. We just got a little skiff. (Is that how you spell the word?)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Phil and I watched the weather with an eye on Logan. I was glad you didn't have to go to classes through it Sardine Canyon.

And work? Wow. I would have been half-dead and then you could have put me in a bed and rented out another room and there would be more job security.

The window and Arnold look great. As does the barbeque, carport and swirly stuff that we didn't get as bad and has now melted.