Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Cute Lil' Gift

 I was so excited when I got home from work yesterday and there was a package on the doorstep with my name on it!
Usually when we get packages they are little mysteries that B has ordered and that I am banned from opening due to the lack of my name being on the package.
But yesterday the tides had turned!
I brought the box inside and my step-mom had mailed me this cute little easter decoration:
It is an easter-egg basket (obviously) made completely from carved wood.
Look at the cute chickie on top!
The eggs even come out!
And below we have the eggs close up!
So darn cute!  Thanks Teach (step-mom) for the cute gift!
In other news...
Work has been CRAZY lately.  I feel that everyday I go to work I spend the whole time trying to catch up, only to find that catching up is an absolute joke!
The days do fly, but I always leave feeling like my ass has been handed to me on a platter to shamefully carry out the door and take home.
I don't know why it is so crazy busy lately.
Tomorrow is another chance to try and kick my work back and get ahead and stay there...let's hope that I can do that!  I have Friday off so hopefully tomorrow I can prove myself and get the whole job done without passing anything on to the next shift.
We'll see.
I am still loving our new painted wall and am so happy that we painted it.
We have aspirations to actually paint some walls upstairs, but who knows if we will ever get to that.  If we do I know that we will love it, but if we don't it won't be the end of the world.
There is not too much else to mention.
I have neglected my latest afghan project but I plan to get back to it soon, maybe even later tonight, who knows.
Currently is is 7:45 PM and that is getting awfully late for me...I hate getting up at 4:00 AM.
B is enjoying his spring break from school.  He is just working and catering to my needs.  Today I was unable to clock out from work until almost 3:00 PM, so he had to go take care of our puppies.  He is so great to help me out.
Anyway, I have got to start getting ready for bed, I feel so lame!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm an early to bed-der too and I don't even get up at 4 am. Well, maybe just to pee but then it's RIGHT back to bed. I'm very strict with myself.

You got a WEDNESDAY present and it was REALLY on Wednesday. And it is so cute too. LUCKY.

PS I am first to comment. Ha ha.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the post. I am so glad that you liked the gift. I think surprises are the best kind. Good luck with work and tell B good luck with his classes. Just know that I think about you every day and always pray for the best things to happen in your behalf.

Charlene said...

Trisha, I got through Bonnie's blog to you because I called her to see who gornold B Snyder was and was delighted to get onto it and see all the delightful things you do. Your crocheted afghans are beautiful. I really admire your patience to make them. Sincerely, Charlene Newell (Bonnie's sister)

Nickie said...

Wowee Zowee, you've been busy, your afghan turned out so pretty and it looks awesome with your new walls and couch! And puppy!
Sorry work has been so hard lately, hopefull it will lighten up for you and you can drink a slim fast at least once.
I like your easter basket! I like the little chickie on top. And I've got news for you, I'll be mailing a package to you too, so HA to B!!! It's for your birthday and I hope you love it.
Hang in there sis, I really do hope work gets easier for you.
Love you!

The Lunts said...

Trish! I found your blog on Marie's blog and I just had to say hi! I would love to catch up with you, send me an email and I'll send you an invite to my blog, emilylunt@yahoo.com

peace out,
emily

ps - everytime I see a pair of crazy sunglasses I think of you!

Hillary said...

You should post more often.

loveyou,bye