Friday, October 17, 2008

I had a Great Date! B on the Other Hand...

Tonight B and I went out to dinner.  We went to a local restaurant called Callaways.
It is kind of cute lookin' and locally owned.  We have had takeout from there before and the takeout has been good.
Tonight I really did enjoy myself.  The patio area has windows up in it now that it is getting cold and has heating lamps.  The lighting was perfect, or so I thought.  My food was delicious.  We even got dessert, which we NEVER do.
B hated his experience.
His salad tasted dirty, his pasta sauce was thin, the breadsticks didn't have enough flavor to them, and the dessert was too expensive.
We got in the car and as we drove home B commented that he never wants to go there again.
They are overpriced, but how funny that two people can be in the same experience, and come away with totally different feelings.
Crazy how life works.

4 comments:

The Gentry's said...

Trish, I love Callaway's, when I come to Logan again, we can have a romanitic dinner on the patio!

Hillary said...

Thats because my brother is a complainer and you are a delight. Tell Heed to lighten up and just enjoy a meal you didn't have to fix. Plus dessert should never be complained about. YFS

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I had a similiar situation today. SOMEONE, who I am related to--NOT yfs--complained about EVERYTHING at lunch. EVERYTHING. After lunch I drove away and in five blocks I couldn't stand it another second and I screamed. Five times. Then I felt better but now I have a sore throat.

You've got to look at it this way...B DOES LOVE HIS FOOD. While my companion loved NOTHING! You came out ahead of me.

Bonnie said...

I love your blog wallpaper. I also have had the same experience with one of my friends in Montana. Normally, we always agreed on what we liked and disliked. However, on one occasion, we both went to the same meeting. I thought the main speaker was the best I had ever heard and was totally enthralled, but she said he was so boring that she could hardly stay awake. Everybody views the world in different ways based on their previous experiences or just the mood they happen to be in on that particular day.