Monday, September 15, 2008

No Pictures, But a Post Nonetheless!

Things in Smithfield have been pretty darn normal as of late!  Not too much to write home to, but I thought of some things to update you with.  Biker Chic and I are still riding the canyon most nights, it is getting easier, which we NEVER thought would happen.
We are doing good though.
Recently our neighbors and I have started doing home cooked dinners together every Sunday.
Okay so we have only done it on the last two Sundays, but it is really filling a void that I have felt in my life for some time.
Growing up our family ALWAYS did Sunday dinners together.  When Mom was alive and healthy she ALWAYS threw a roast in the crock pot, which I hated and would only eat with a lot of ketchup and a lot of salt.
She would put carrots and potatoes in there too, and those veggies ALWAYS ended up tasting like the roast and therefore were never eaten by me.
I never realized how much I missed those bonding dinner nights.  Nor did I realize that they were bonding nights at all.
Until now.
Now that my neighbors, Bero and Biker Chic, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Toilet Paper (the people we papered in the blog a few below), are doing these Sunday night meals I find myself looking forward to Sunday nights.  We always have a lot of fun.
After we toilet papered Mr. and Mrs. Toilet Paper, they got the fever for papering someone as well.  Well, on the last Saturday that just passed, we T.P.'d again.  84 roles worth!
No camera this time, but we did a fantastic job.
The funniest thing about it was that we started at like 9:45 PM on a well-lit street.  We had to paper early because I had to be to work on Sunday by 5:00 AM.
Look out, we are on a rampage, you may be next....HAHAHAHA!
Well anyway, there still is not too much else to talk about.
Work is still work, but overall, life is great!

9 comments:

Camille said...

WHAT 84 rolls and no pictures!? I'm bummed. I would have loved to see the masterpiece.

p.s. I love your sunset pictures. Absolutely breathtaking.

bebe said...

Oh...so that's why my girls only eat my cooking with lots if ketchup.... Of course it has to be Heinz - a Jen trait. LOVE you'se guys~!! Steve

Nickie said...

I feel the same way about sunday dinners, there has to be roast and potatoes and roles and the whole shebang! I hope my kids will appreciate and get it the way we have. I liked your story, it made me want roast with ketchup.
Love you

bebe said...

Wow...I have been away too long, you have gone "cutest blog on the block". Bloggers gone wild! I so want to go toilet paper someone. There is just something about the fear of getting caught and the anticipation of their reactions. I wished you lived closer...:) Is this an attempt to get back at them for peeing on your bushes? I am glad that you have such great friends...and have found a new tradition. But don't feel like you need to do roast and veggies every week...spread your wings...although I know B will put ketchup (Heinz) on whatever it is anyways.
luva you,
bebe

Bonnie said...

I can't believe that you used 84 rolls. I would have loved to see pictures, too. Your blog made me miss doubly-- I loved Sunday dinner at my house growing up, but Mom would alternate between beef and pork roasts. Mom made the best gravy and it never had any lumps. I never could learn how to make gravy very well. When it was my birthday, I always requested pork roast and angel food cake. I also miss Sunday dinner with you guys and Randy. Now that he is gone, I think Sunday is the loneliest day of the week.

Except last week Dee and Ang made me so happy by inviting me up for Sunday dinner. Angie is a fantastic cook. She grilled the most delicious roast I have ever eaten in my life. I have never heard of grilling a roast before but it was tender, moist, and had been marinated in something that made it fantastic.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dearest Criminals,

I thought I had commented here. I must have sent an email or PERHAPS I am loosing my mind.

Yup, it was in an email: "You are wonderful too, more wonderful than you will ever know. Even the ones who temp fate by TOILET PAPERING WITH 84 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER, that we all know should be in your storage! So, go wind it up and put it in the basement. "

So, did you go wind it up and put it in the basement like good, repentant criminals? You know, if tyhe cops are looking for evidence and happen to hear about this blog...well, I'll send a cake with a file in it.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I have been missing you like crazy tonight. I don't know why. I didn't call because I'd probably have cried. Are you both fine and dandy? I wish you lived closer or I was richer so I could zoom up for a couple of hours.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Okay, it's fifteen minutes to one AM and I am sitting here all alone, your site took a while to load so I was off doing other things when ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GUITAR IN MY ROOM AND IT SCARED ME TO DEATH AND THEN THERE WASN'T A NEW POST TO READ. Someone is in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Big damn deal you blogged.. That was a whole month ago. Get cracking. I know, I am one to talk since I don't even have a blog. But see you should blog more often so I have something to do. miss you but love you most of all the gang. hill