Thursday, September 11, 2008

Soo, the Plant Died

So after Dad's funeral, we were all able to take some of the flowers/plants home with us.  I chose to keep the flowers that my work sent for me and I also chose a pretty plant in a basket.
I am unsure who sent it.  I just really liked it and I didn't want it to die I guess.
So B's Momma kept the basket plant at her house for a while.  When we left Provo after the funeral we had so much crap packed in our car I couldn't take the flowers or the plant with me.
B's Momma kept the plant alive and allowed the flowers to live with her until they died.
Either the last time or the time before when we were in Provo, B's Momma gave the plant to me to take home to Smithfield.
Sad to say, the plant is now dead.
I am not good with plants.
So I threw the plant out and salvaged the basket.  I thought maybe, perhaps, I could use the basket for something cute or for a gift for someone.
However, B apparently had the perfect idea for what this basket is good for.
I guess perhaps he thought I kept the basket for him and his use alone.
I came into the kitchen and died laughing when I saw what he had done.
That's may baby!

6 comments:

Nickie said...

Mine died too, but not the google-eye plant, I'll post a picture later.
Mine was ivy, I was a FOOL to think I could keep ivy alive, i've NEVER been able to do that!
So, anyway, mine's dead too.
I could send B the basket for a different hat, that way he can accessorize and doesn't have to wear the same one all the time.
Loves!!!

Nickie said...

By the way!!!
Cool new background!!!
It's crazy addictive huh!
LOVE IT!!
smooches!

bebe said...

I took a planter with several plants and it still looks OK. I think that by selecting a planter with several plants, a few could die (and probably have) but since I took a jungle, no one will ever know!!!! MOOAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAH!!! Love yall...Steve.....Oh.....WHEN ARE YOU COMING DOWN AGAIN?!? WE NEED A NIGHT OUT!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear Plant Killer,

B's Momma killed some of them all by herself, she just didn't tell you. Did you think someone gave you a basket, half filled with half dead plants? No. B's Momma is not lilly white. In fact, she is more like the wicked witch that gave the red apple to Snow White. That is the only "white" part of this story. B's Momma is a fraud. AND she gave birth to a basked headed child. What does that say about her? Flawed. She's flawed. You did the plants a favor, now they can go on to their next destiny--being reincarted as tumble weeds.

Sincerely,
Someone who has knowledge about the woman who actually gave birth to a basked-headed child and lived to tell about it.

PS And he was the only child that came early! So, even tho' he is a basket head he is much loved for his earliness.

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you how totally grateful I am that you love that punk. He is such a spaz and I think it is somewhat my fault. No one comes by such mentalness naturally. Ohhh maybe it is because he was born early. Not me I was two weeks late. And there fore I am perfect and lovely and also the favorite might I add. hillary

Bonnie said...

One hydrangea plant I had from the funeral died, but I still have the ivy which is still looking very healthy planted under the catalpa tree and one lily is still struggling to survive despite the fact that I accidentally turned off the sprinklers before I left for Arizona. When I returned, the yard and plants looked remarkably good, considering they had gone 12 days without the sprinklers. Amazingly, all of my grass is still green--not one yellow spot. This is because of divine intervention. God took pity on my plants and sent some rain to keep them alive.